Help with T99A issues.

dai phan
Private

Help with T99A issues.

Post by dai phan »

Hello all,

This is my 10th tank just bought from TH and the inner right rear light does not work. I am requesting Toucan to help me on this. Can you all tell me how to fix the problem? Also these 2 parts keep coming off the tank. Do I glue them in ? Thanks Dai
Attachments
IMG_5912.jpg
IMG_5907.jpg
Last edited by dai phan on Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Re: Help with T99A light

Post by abramsky »

Hi
Don't panic and stay calm ;)
That should be simple. Take a look inside and make sure that wirings in that diode is ok ( maybe one wire is broken ), and/or your diode die ( U need to use multimeter to check it ). In both cases some soldering work is waiting for you :)
P.s And the last option. If this diode has a separate power supply from the other diodes (which I doubt because the rest are lit together), check if there is voltage to it (it should be 3.3 or 5V volts)
Good luck..
dai phan
Private

Re: Help with T99A light

Post by dai phan »

abramsky wrote:Hi
Don't panic and stay calm ;)
That should be simple. Take a look inside and make sure that wirings in that diode is ok ( maybe one wire is broken ), and/or your diode die ( U need to use multimeter to check it ). In both cases some soldering work is waiting for you :)
P.s And the last option. If this diode has a separate power supply from the other diodes (which I doubt because the rest are lit together), check if there is voltage to it (it should be 3.3 or 5V volts)
Good luck..
I look inside and there is no lose wire. I do not know how to use the multimeter but I will learn. I think maybe the light is bad, the wire that connects the LED to the board is bad or the main board is bad. Dai
PS: I also edit the thread for a second problem. I hioe you can help me out too. Thanks
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Re: Help with T99A issues.

Post by abramsky »

I don't know how T-xx tanks are build but wiring's pattern should by almost the same like the rest of HL tanks. I think one photo of your rear led panel will help a lot. And the same with MFU LED socket ( I'm pretty sure that you have HL TK 6.0 MFU onboard ). Make a photo and put it here. I'm pretty sure we can find solution.

About ( updated ) second case. Is that idler whell tensionser? Do you have tracks installed? Maybe its spare part? Show your lower hull from side and bottom ( front with idler whell ).
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

If you don't have or don't know how to use multimeter, just make sure how many wires is going to MFU from rear led panel. Probably only one pair ( two wires ) connected to the LED3 pins ( plus is on the right ). Take a look here:
http://rctank.pl/forum/download/file.ph ... 0Kopia.jpg

( 6.0 and 6.1 MFU have the same pattern of the LED's port ). If there is only LED3 port connected to the rear panel, and only one diode not shining there it must be dead.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axrd0fKtQow
Multimeter, sorry, but in French, question: is each led on a personal card, or a general connector? If first case, make tests by reversing the led on one which works !!! if nothing happens? then HS, that's a suggestion
tankme

Post by tankme »

Not to offend everyone that has responded already, but you can ignore the soldering comments. Those that don't have the ZTZ tank or seen the way the LEDs mount on it would not know what the issue is. The ZTZ model tanks seem to have a unique way they mounted the LEDs. Unlike most of the regular Heng Long tanks the rear three LEDs are mounted on a small PCB board and then wired to a singe + and - wire.

The legs of the LEDs are not just pushed through the chassis and have cables soldered on. They are actually plugged into one JST connector each. On my ZTZ-99 (non-A) version I had to install the rear LED lights myself as they weren't installed at the factory. The tail light part actually has two metal leads coming off of it that plug into the JST connector on the bottom of the rear track sponson.

If one of your LEDs is not on, then yes it is most likely bad because the other two work. The entire tail light part can be replaced pretty easily without any soldering, but if it is glued in it will be a pain to get out. This is the replacement part you need and a link below as to where you can get one if Toucan Hobby doesn't send you one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000249 ... web201603_
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
tankme

Post by tankme »

I think the two parts that are coming off are the metal upper track return rollers. I have the plastic return rollers and they are only press fit in on my tank and mount differently. Seeing that those metal ones are hollow, I personally would use a very fine thread screw and washer on the inside of the tank to hold them on. Glue could also work, but it may not hold permanently.
Derek
tankme

Post by tankme »

Pic of how the lights go in as shown in the manual: Image
Derek
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello,
ah OK, yes not simple, so I would say that can be Led HS or originally soldered upside down? an inverted led does not burn out, if I understand correctly? bringing out the whole is an achievement, without breaking anything 8O

Return to “Modern Builds”