Lieutenant

Re: My Abrams

Post by Jimster »

Very very nice tank!
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

It looks outstanding. You've put in a lot of work. I like the crew. I would like to find a loader somewhere to match the Abrams commander of his son,
Meter rat wrote: I need to detail the commander’s hatch and fit some more MRE boxes. Am I right in assuming one box contains one days meal for one crew man, so four crew, four days, sixteen boxes?
You don't need that much :) Usually on an Abrams I saw 3-4 MRE boxes in a bustle rack or just lying on blow off panels.
One MRE box contains 12 rations (12 complete meals)
One MRE ration equals one meal. (1000-1200 calories)
One soldier has a daily nutritional allowance of 3000-3600 calories. i.e. 3 MRE rations / 24h
This means that for 1 day for 4 soldiers of the Abrams crew you need 1 BOX MRE (12 rations). Usually I saw 3-4 boxes of MRE in the Abrams, which is a 3-4 day supply for the entire crew (anyway in the Polish Army it is similar - we usually got a supply of food for 3 days). Btw. In the Polish Army, we also have a 24-hour MRE ration containing 3 meals = 3 individual MRE rations, but carrying it in a backpack was not very convenient and we usually opened such a set immediately to make it easier to pack 3 separate MRE's into the backpack. It's different when you carry everything under armor :)

Anyway - Well done :thumbup:
Meter rat wrote: I would like to thank Barry C, for his help and advice, Abramsky, for the MRE boxes, and Tankme for the photographs of the spare wheel mount.
More in the next post.
You welcome :)
Battle7
Recruit

Post by Battle7 »

Hello, Is it necessary to spray with clear gloss before pin washing?
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Typically gloss or flat varnish helps seal the paint so that your weathering products don't strip your paint off the model while weathering.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

Wow, Solid build and awesome detail work sir. I really like how you incorporated actual photos of the real Abrams details you were modeling.
Keep up the good work & Happy Tanking :thumbup:
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Burger_Patrol1. Thank you for the kind words.
I can not believe that was two years ago. I have not done much modelling since, as most of my time has been spent building a house. Now we have moved in I may get a we bit more free time, and continue on the Challenger 2 project.

Return to “Modern Builds”