T-90 as a fictional IDF instruction tank

Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Re: T-90 as a fictional IDF instruction tank

Post by Jay-Em »

Well, finally some time to -at last- finish the 'fake Tiran-9'

I added the second figure, a .30 browning and the ubiquitous small mortar that the IDF is so fond of for its tanks on the turret.

On the technical side I added the aluminium smoker from that polish guy. Ordered 2 straight from him. A lot cheaper than via the usual tank sellers, and in-house in three days! Works like a charm. Not too much, not too little smoke.

The rest is standard Heng Long RX18 4th-gen. The Leopard sound seems appropriate. I really like it. In due time it'll get an IBU or a Clark, though.

The figures are painted to the best of my ability, but helàs, the old eyes aren't as good as they once were, and the hands not as steady. Even a lighted magnifying glass doesn't help here anymore.

First paint application, with some detailing and weathering of the chair

Another view

And finished. Now in the daylight. I'm kind of chuffed how it actually looks. Exactly as I had in mind. The metal front idler is a very recent addition, had no time to paint it yet.

Closer look of the turret with some extra detailing. Rifles and backpack came frome some toy-soldier set on Amazon, freedom force, or something. Cheap, and came with many good, scale-looking accessories. Only needed a bit of paint and dry-brushing. Slings are painted aluminium strips from some drink bottle's closing seal.

One shot from the 'biz-end'

Close-up of the figures. As I said. Not my best work, but it is what it is.

Overview

Thanx for looking!

( PS, my excuses for the odd, square cutout of the pictures. They were shot in wide-angle, but Photobucked decided to crop them. Grmbll. )

Ps Ps :eh: And nòw I notice I forgot to pop-in the small hubcaps to cover the philips heads... tsch..
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

Good bezig! :-)
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
Jay-Em
Corporal

Post by Jay-Em »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Very nice Mr Em :thumbup:

Does this mean you can post that zombie hunter thread now. . . . ;)

Mick.
It's already in parts for some re-furbishing! :)
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Found this again. You have several T90s?
Jay-Em
Corporal

Post by Jay-Em »

Yup.

Just 2, though. I like them because of the oodles of greeblies they have. The Leo, M1 and Challenger are a bit boring in that aspect. An M1 is on order. The completionist in me “needs” it next to my Dutch-livery Leo2a6 and British Challenger II

I’m an avid Sci-Fi builder, and have a weakness for ‘many thingies’ on machines.. :haha:
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Jay-Em wrote:Yup.

Just 2, though. I like them because of the oodles of greeblies they have. The Leo, M1 and Challenger are a bit boring in that aspect. An M1 is on order. The completionist in me “needs” it next to my Dutch-livery Leo2a6 and British Challenger II

I’m an avid Sci-Fi builder, and have a weakness for ‘many thingies’ on machines.. :haha:
Well, for the M1, just load it down with stowage, just like US tankers have always done.
Jay-Em
Corporal

Post by Jay-Em »

Maccrage wrote:
Jay-Em wrote:Yup.

Well, for the M1, just load it down with stowage, just like US tankers have always done.
That’s the plan.. ;)

Return to “Modern Builds”