HL M1A1 Aussie version...

BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: HL M1A1 Aussie version...

Post by BarryC »

silversurfer1947 wrote:I'm no expert, but to my eyes, the track looks too tight in the last photo. Maybe it will stretch a bit and settle down once it's run in. On the other hand, it could put a strain on the sprocket and idler bearings.
I agree, though my experience is very limited they look too tight.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

BarryC wrote:
silversurfer1947 wrote:I'm no expert, but to my eyes, the track looks too tight in the last photo. Maybe it will stretch a bit and settle down once it's run in. On the other hand, it could put a strain on the sprocket and idler bearings.

Barry
Yeah I think so too....but 1 link more and too loose?? I will order the Henntec tensioner when tax return gets done.....although I reckon it will strain the hull where the screws go in more than the bearings!!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

HvyCgn9 wrote:
BarryC wrote:

Barry
Yeah I think so too....but 1 link more and too loose?? I will order the Henntec tensioner when tax return gets done.....although I reckon it will strain the hull where the screws go in more than the bearings!!
Hi there. The M1 that I'm working on had some track issues. After the henntec track tensioners system has been adjusted the tracks stay where they belong and not too tightImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Thanks mate I reckon that will sort it....lol 8) 8)
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

HvyCgn9 wrote:Thanks mate I reckon that will sort it....lol 8) 8)
You're welcome. Since the Heng Long M1 is so large the plastic tub allows for some flex under off road conditions that can also lead to track misalignment and possible track throwing. Mr MichaelC on the forum added a galvanized metal brace at the end where the motors are mounted to give stiffness and rigidity to the plastic hull. With the added weight of metal tracks and running gear the hull has too much natural movement. The track tensioners will also reduce flex and stabilize the area in the front where the idlers mount. Any additional bracing would be helpful if room allows you to place it somewhere else. Image

Cheers

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

HvyCgn9 wrote:Actually nearly went up to Bunnings when I knocked off from work....but then I got sidetracked!! ;) ;)

Will have a look next time I'm in there,I've got some brass mesh for my ship building but its much to fine for the tank, also have some stainless steel TERMI mesh that a mate gave me but its also to fin a mesh for the tank.

Going to replace the HL 0.50 and 0.30 with these from Shapeways: (the 1/16 version)

https://www.shapeways.com/product/P3LQZ ... d=62271464
I though I would let you know,

I just received mine and the execution/engineering is very well done. I can not say the same for the print quality. The surface finish is akin to 100 grit or heaver sand paper. 8O The flat surfaces "could" be sanded smooth but there is so much detail on the machine guns and other parts that it will be impossible to clean them up enough for use without destroying all the detail. :thumbdown: The is only one print medium available and that is "White Strong and Flexible" unlike the Bustle Extension and Water Cans which are available in "Frosted Ultra" and "Frosted Extreme Detail" print medium.

The Bustle Extension is very well done and the detail is very good same for the Water Cans. :thumbup: :thumbup: The Bustle Extension is not as flexible as the Gun set but IMO flexible enough. :D

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Hmmmm I have a 1/72 8" mk71 ship gun turret in white nylon I found that multiple coats of primer where required to get it exceptable, maybe send the designer a PM asking for the guns in FUD??

Cheers Bruce
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

HvyCgn9 wrote:Hmmmm I have a 1/72 8" mk71 ship gun turret in white nylon I found that multiple coats of primer where required to get it exceptable, maybe send the designer a PM asking for the guns in FUD??

Cheers Bruce
Done and he has replied and made them available in FUD. :thumbup:

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Along time no update....lol, been busy with work (and paying for unexpected repairs....backed into neighbours car!)

Shortly before that went home to my Dads place on Kangaroo Island for a bit of a break took the M1A1 along for a play (still yet to fit a track tensioner....no bucks) Had some good fun driving it about up and down a mound of dirt. With the extra weight it can climb a very steep loose hill no dramas at all. Here are some pics

Also took my USS California across and had a superb run one morning on Bay of the Shoals not a breath of wind, water like glass!!

Cheers Bruce
Attachments
kitripII 6.JPG
kitripII 6.JPG (50.64 KiB) Viewed 6083 times
kitripII 9.JPG
kitripII 9.JPG (42.68 KiB) Viewed 6083 times
kitripII 2.JPG
kitripII 2.JPG (91.81 KiB) Viewed 6083 times
tanking7.JPG
tanking6.JPG
tanking5.JPG
tanking4.JPG