HL M1A1 Aussie version...

HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Re: HL M1A1 Aussie version...

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Painted up my ammo boxes, and bits from Rocketman today and have just sat them in the rear bustle racks for now....I will repaint the ammo tins olive green I think they don't look right to me.

Here are some pixs..
Attachments
M1A1 stowage3.JPG
M1A1 stowage2.JPG
M1A1 stowage1.JPG
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

There's that many box'y bits on the turret its hard to pick the accessories out !!
The cam job sure does break up the outline, even on a model in less than ideal setting.
Looking in mate, like what youre doing
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:There's that many box'y bits on the turret its hard to pick the accessories out !!
The cam job sure does break up the outline, even on a model in less than ideal setting.
Looking in mate, like what youre doing
Cheers Mate

My housemates brother works across the road from one of our airforce base's that also hosts a large Oz Army contingent, he was watching them training one day in the bushland that surrounds the base and didn't notice the ASLAVs parked among the bushes because the AUSCAM blends in so well !!

Came across a really good facebook page that has heaps of photos of Aussie military vehicles I will see if I can find it again...
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

ordered my Ultimate II gearboxes, 360 turret ring, dble speed rotation gearbox and replacement bb mech today...should be here early next week. :D :D

Check out this facebook page for really cool pics of ADF vehicles...

https://web.facebook.com/ModellingtheRAAC/
Rocketman
Sergeant

Post by Rocketman »

looking good.
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Tank Army are getting the metal tracks with dble pads in shortly so I shall get them when they get 'em! Cheaper from them save on postage....lol and I should have some $$$ by then
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Made up some ballast weights tonight, gearboxes and turret bits should get here tomorrow (according to tracking they are just up the road at the post depot..) So shoud be able to put it back together for some testing shortly...

Got out my digital scales to weigh up all the bits and cut some lead flashing into strips to roll into the weights, each side of the battery compartment has approx. 245grams of wt's and up forward are two 100gram wts. Total mass of the lower hull (minus battery and electronics) is approx. 3.4kg should have much better traction now! Atached the wts with some RTV silicon to stop them moving about.

here are some pics of the weight positioning and one from the weekend when I had it outside trying to get a good pic! (its parked on a pile of discarded grain from my housemate's homebrewing.... :crazy: :crazy: ) and a shot of test fit of switch in rear panel (to be hidden in a box eventually)
Attachments
DSC_0215a.JPG
DSC_0215a.JPG (51.14 KiB) Viewed 5513 times
DSC_0216a.JPG
DSC_0216a.JPG (51.71 KiB) Viewed 5513 times
DSC_0201a.JPG
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Got my new g-boxes today and got em' installed, then had to wire up the new on/off switch (the hardest part was hunting down some decent cable to extend the the leads...) I will tidy up wiring tomorrow night when I am sorting out new turret rotation motor, BB mech and 360deg turret ring kit.

The Ultimate II's are a nice bit of gear and I was surprised at how well they are packaged :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just did a quick test run out on drive way and much faster than before!! May get a bit quicker once motors are run in....

here are some more pics (plus a pic of the write up on the box the gearboxes come in its funny as!! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: )
Attachments
DSC_0222a.JPG
DSC_0222a.JPG (84.33 KiB) Viewed 5502 times
DSC_0219a.JPG
DSC_0219a.JPG (95.93 KiB) Viewed 5502 times
DSC_0218a.JPG
DSC_0218a.JPG (79.35 KiB) Viewed 5502 times
DSC_0217a.JPG
DSC_0217a.JPG (66.37 KiB) Viewed 5502 times
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Turret reassembled with new BB fitted and seems to work (actual firing test tomorrow), 360 turret ring gear and dble speed turret rotation g-box in and works well much quicker rotation. Haven't fitted the slip ring for turret wiring yet I need to bodge up a bracket across turret ring gear to support it.

Need to tidy up wiring and had to put rx18 in factory spot as the spot I had it, got in way of BB mech as it rotates..grrr And just noticed the mantle is not lined up properly so will have a play with that see if I can get a better fit....

Will add some pics of reassembly shortly....
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Gave the beasty a test run today, very happy @) @) was a bit concerned about the range of the BB during last nights test (only went about 10-12 feet) but was going a fair distance today easily 25'-30'+

as promised here are some blurry pix of turret reassembly.....lol

And a video from todays run....

phpBB [video]
Attachments
got some new brighter LEDs coming off ebay cheap....free shipping so won't turnup for couple of weeks!
got some new brighter LEDs coming off ebay cheap....free shipping so won't turnup for couple of weeks!
DSC_0229.JPG (57.51 KiB) Viewed 5487 times
DSC_0228.JPG
DSC_0228.JPG (52.7 KiB) Viewed 5487 times
DSC_0227.JPG
DSC_0227.JPG (49.86 KiB) Viewed 5487 times
DSC_0226.JPG
DSC_0226.JPG (63.83 KiB) Viewed 5487 times

Return to “Modern Builds”