HL M1A1 Aussie version...

HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Re: HL M1A1 Aussie version...

Post by HvyCgn9 »

c.rainford73 wrote:Awesome tank and battleship love the way the photos came outImage
Sony Xperia ZA phone.....my $300 nikon (admittedly afew years old now) decided to go belly up after one pic!!

Got a great video of California chasing a stingray!!

Bruce
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Spectacular models and photography, Doc! I do not know if you are still looking for a way to replace the tiny battery in that 1/72 Abrams but I found this fellow on the Tube' and he does a battery replacement on the Micro X Tech Tiger or Abrams. ( I have one of those Tigers needing a battery ;o) Aside from the initial take-apart shown, everything else including where to find a replacement should be the same. Good luck and keeping on having fun. ;o)
regards,
Painless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JsNTzxaeQI
...Here for the Dawn...
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Hey thanks for that link mate!! I will get rd to fixing my little tank one day....need it for my landing craft for USS SAIPAN!!

Cheers Bruce
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Very long time between updates!! Joined a facebook page for Aussie armour and someome recently posted a link to a Mob here called Mouse House Enterprises which do a range of Aussie decals and assorted fittings for (mostly smaller scales) modifying kits. They recently released 1/16 M1A1 decals ($35AU)for 1st Reg A squadron and a second set for B squadron. Mine just arrived today along with a couple of 1/16 crew weapons an F88SA2 Austeyr rifle and F88AS2 with M240 grenade launcher...

Going to give the tank a clean tomorrow and have some fun putting the decals on!! I am thinking of going with either Archangel or Armourgeddon.... 8) 8)

Cheers Bruce

PS these decals are only going to be available for a limited run.......
Attachments
mhdecals1.JPG
mhdecals1.JPG (71.38 KiB) Viewed 4864 times
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Did some of the main decals tank name, ARN no's , chevrons(well one) need to repaint Camo slightly on right side to match the real tank (I have black camo where it should be tan/green) otherwise the Chevron is completely hidden by the black. Will move the black part forward and adjust the green and tan.

left off doing the tiedown and lift here decals till I I have better info on where they go! Just need to let these ones set then clear coat em' Going to have to get another tank I have plenty of decals now....... :haha: :haha:

Note the dust and dirty is real Aussie red dust!! ;) ;)

Need to spend some $$$ get decent control board and run 11.1v lipo, my 6.8Ah NiMh pack is not lasting very long only get about 15mins run.

Question!! Can the rx18 board handle 11.1v??

Cheers Bruce
Attachments
ARN no
ARN no
DSC_1773.JPG (61.92 KiB) Viewed 4824 times
ARN no
ARN no
DSC_1772.JPG (64.02 KiB) Viewed 4824 times
Chevron leftside
Chevron leftside
DSC_1771.JPG (49.68 KiB) Viewed 4824 times
tank name ARCHANGEL need to make up a Callsign board for the "12"
tank name ARCHANGEL need to make up a Callsign board for the "12"
DSC_1770.JPG (70.35 KiB) Viewed 4824 times
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Went over to Kangaroo Island for Xmas with Dad and my Sister (luckily the current bush fire situation is not near them..but it has been very concerning!) Took the tank over for a bit of fun and got some good running in and some nice pics. Got to get a new drive battery as one of my NImh 7.2v 6800mAh packs no longer gives full runtime, used my spare battery which is normally for my rc Submarine and got about 30mins running before I had a track come off and shred an idler rubber!

here are some pics.

Bruce
Attachments
DSC_2295.JPG
DSC_2294.JPG
DSC_2291.JPG
DSC_2290.JPG
DSC_2288.JPG
DSC_2287.JPG
DSC_2286.JPG
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Nicely done Bruce!

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Nicely done Bruce!

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

G'day all,

I got the tank out for a play in the mud on the front lawn tonight after work (I park my work van out front and it has killed off a good chunk of area...soooo sad!!) Anyway I drove tank down drive, went to do a left turn onto the less than stellar front lawn when the beast ground to halt with track jammed up!! Go over to have a peek and sprocket is hanging off....thinking the bolt has come out I look closer.....the bloody brass axle in Ulitmate gearbox has snapped off at the bearing!!

Anyone know where I can source replacement steel axles??

About do a few upgrades to ver7.0 electronics, 11.1v lipo and some more hull stiffening.....plus idler tensioner!!

Bruce
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

WOW! That's pretty weird.

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci

Return to “Modern Builds”