HL Russian T-90 Build

Dr Phibes
Corporal

HL Russian T-90 Build

Post by Dr Phibes »

So, as if I don't have enough with the M36 build progressing at snails pace at the moment this arrived the other day. Yes, I have been seduced (others here are responsible!) into buying this modern offering from Heng Long. Frankly, I just couldn't resist; I think it's really a great looking tank straight out of the box and has so much potential for future upgrades. This is the 'MZ' version of HL's T-90 with metal tracks, sprockets and idlers, road wheels, and gearboxes - all of which pretty much doubles the prices of the base plastic version (doh!).

It comes with a huge bunch of accessories to assemble but in the end..........

I know others have posted similar pictures but just thought I would make a further contribution at the start of this build thread. It may be a while before I get to it but (on seeing Tankbeard's T-90 evolution) am thinking at the moment about a TK24 with DKLM propulsion unit. I also want to convert to recoil with battle system, regardless of MFU/motor configuration. All quite doable except the new RX18 actually sounds pretty good. With an upgraded speaker (and a better - i.e. Tarr - smoker) this could be a far more economical root - decisions, decisions!
Any further upgrade advice/suggestions would be very welcome indeed.
Otherwise I can't wait to start cooking this one up!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: HL Russian T-90 Build

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I'm impressed with all the extras, and finery, you get with a Heng Long these days. The T-90 looks detailed and busy right out of the box, but when you furnish it with the tasty accessories..well. :thumbup:
I see rctank.de is selling the T-90 servo recoil and gun elevation unit complete with wiring (and by the look of it) and new turret lower section, all for almost 90 Euros.. :O if you feel inclined to make the change, as you say, then
have a peek:
https://www.rctank.de/T-90-HL-servo-rec ... ation-unit
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

If it's any help, I listed all of the mods I did on mine here:

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=21042

They are without doubt the best tank that HL has built to date, though not without a couple of easy fixes. I am waiting to see if Elmod add T90 sounds to their library, if they don't then I will probably get a TK60, its still got a Bulldog TK22 in there that I put in for testing last year and never got around to taking out again.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

I have the set ready Wibbly :D

phpBB [video]

8ch mode
phpBB [video]
Drammen Rock City
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

43rd, thanks :thumbup: , yes, did spot the Rctanks.de servo recoil and elevation - I think it is just the lower plate support for the elevation servo that comes with the unit but, anyway, it's certainly a neat solution if I don't want to build my own.

Wibbly, I by no means missed your excellent T-90, it was another that motivated my purchase; love that paintwork (I should have said, but I was too excited about getting one myself :D ). The stock paint is actually much better than I thought it would be though I will paint (a similar) camo scheme myself latter. I'll have to check out those fixes too.

Max, that TK60 sound set sounds great! :thumbup: Is that the same set as is on the TK24 (I saw on DKLM site they offer a TK24 for T-90) or is it a set you did yourself? If the latter can you put this sound set on a TK24?
maxmekker

Post by maxmekker »

I can arrange a tk24 t90 for you , no problem. I have on order now for shipping on monday a quantity of ( pre sold ) tk22 ,24 and tk60 to me . If you allready now are set on one, I can include it, ore if you need to think about it , it's probably not long until I make New order. :)
I can promisse a fair price , Board included With 3d printed casing , a small Norwegian sweet, and low shipping cost .
14247592-10153620663781582-507581167-o1_orig.jpg
Drammen Rock City
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

Thanks Max. Having only just got the T-90 I'm still in the 'planning' stages so, as you suggest, still thinking about what way I want to go. But when I start work on this build (and if I decide not to keep the HL MFU) the chances are high that I will go the TK24 route now I know you can supply with that T-90 sound set - when I do I'll order from you for sure.

(Btw, we have family in Norway - Stavanger - and my wife lived in Alesund for many years before we met so I have visited very many times (I love Bergen in particular) - and I love the chocolate, but not that weird salty licorice! :haha:)
maxmekker

Post by maxmekker »

how cool . Yes Bergen is nice , when the weather play along , haha.

Been in Stavanger to, but it's been a few years. I'm located in Drammen, near Oslo :wave:
Drammen Rock City

Return to “Modern Builds”