The T90 thread

wibblywobbly
Major

Re: The T90 thread

Post by wibblywobbly »

Mine got what I would describe as very warm. Did you disconnect it as soon as the green light came on? I don't think it has a peak detect function, it just tells you that it is fully charged.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using Tapatalk
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
DOG
Lance Corporal

Post by DOG »

i ran the tank for about 20 minuets took the battery out and it was smoking :O and making a hissing sound :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Congratulations on the recoil. Fancy doing another one? ;D
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Congratulations on the recoil. Fancy doing another one? ;D
The huge risk is that I would wreck the mantlet, and if I did that you would have to buy a new barrel/mantlet as it is all one piece. The rest of it is pretty basic stuff really...but if you are prepared to take the risk??....

As for the battery, it lasts almost an hour on a full charge, so either it has been overcharged and has blown, or the charger is faulty and has overcharged it, or the battery is faulty. The proper way to charge a Lithium Ion battery is on a balanced charger, the HL one is very basic. I have however charged mine three times, with no magic smoke events, but I do watch it like a hawk, and disconnect it as soon as the light goes green.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

What is basic stuff to you is highly advanced to me, and I think the chances of wrecking the mantel would be considerably higher if I were to attempt it. To quote Dirty Harry, a man should know his limitations. I'll stick to burning buildings. I'm quite prepared to take the risk, though I have the utmost faith in your abilities. Is that enough flattery, or should I think of more to say?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Well if you are happy with the outcome, which could well be lump of molten plastic, I'll do it. :O

I have been listening to T90's on You Tube, I might be able to get away with using my Bulldog TK22 in there, they aren't wildly different?
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Recoil working, all IR sensors installed, and testing using the Walker Bulldog Clark TK22. Now found a complete set of 5 pin and 2 x 2 pin Clark plugs, and a YH70M emitter so can finish the electronics. Just need to find somewhere to mount the emitter... :eh:

phpBB [video]
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Looks very good. I don't suppose there's enough room in the barrel for both the flash and emitter? Where did you hide the sensors?
Richard
Bogeyman
Corporal

Post by Bogeyman »

Top work Rob, looks very impressive, not started on any mods on mine yet, to much to finish on other bits and pieces.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

The sensors are mounted inside the various periscopes around the turret. The exception is the rear one that is mounted on the turret roof, but that is very small and can easily be obscured with paint.

I put the hit led where the HL aerial pin was, just one, it is so bright it is easy to see when the tank has been hit. All installed and tested with my tv remote, it all works.

Just the emitter to install tomorrow. I might even swap the Jagdpanther steel gearboxes out of the Bulldog, just to see how it goes, though I have to say I do like the silky smooth and quiet plastic ones that are in there.

I solved the rear turret bin mount as well. If all of the locating pins were glued in place it would be impossible to separate the two halves. By removing the centre one that slots into the lower half of the turret it can be glued into the top half on four pins, and will stay put.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Modern Builds”