The T90 thread

silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: The T90 thread

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I'm a bit confused. I thought Heng Long didn't do IR these days, but the link refers to removing the IR lead from the RX18.

I'm quite happy to order up 1 of the boards to see if it works.

I assume the flash you have fitted is a high intensity LED. Can you get them from Napkins?

Just watched the video. The recoil is a bit excessive.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I'll bring a high intensity bulb on Sunday, don't bother buying one, they are about a £1 per million from China. :D

The strange thing is that the new RX18 is identical to the old one, same sockets, same wiring, same everything, including the IR sockets. This makes me wonder whether they are retaining the board layout because they have a new IR system under development? Pure guesswork on my part.

Using the IR plug to power the muzzle flash gives a fast double flash, but it will do for now.

I had a couple of spare 5 pin plugs so I am using those, but you can see where the muzzle flash wires go. The green is positive and the black is negative, green is the end pin.
Attachments
IMG_20160917_173315.jpg
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Thanks for that. I have a number of both 5 & 2 pin plugs that John got from Clark's for me.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Is that the wires on the plug or the wires on the microswitch to be twisted together? If the former, then it would seem that basically you have removed the microswitch all together.

Shame the gun can't be made to recoil so easily.

Great stuff you are doing. I would have no idea where to start.
I have just converted the stock barrel to recoil using Clark's universal recoil unit. It is actually very similar to the ZTZ and it is not half bad given the limited option.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Got any pics, I was thinking of cutting it off at the base, drilling out the mantlet, and sleeving the barrel over the airsoft tube? I used to have a ztz but never got around to doing a recoil.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

The missing rear sprocket cap.
Attachments
ed2ad6420d498eaed6433efc56dfadc1_53720.jpg
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by brizo58 »

Mine should be here Tuesday or Wednesday :thumbup: . Brian...
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

The best advice I can give you is to assemble the brackets on the rear bin carefully, and triple check the mounts are around the right way for the storage tube that attaches to it. Don't glue the bin to the turret whatever you do, or you will never be able to take the turret apart.

I found a perfect invisible match to the green paint, and that is Vallejo US Dark green 70.893.

Having seen a few pics of real T90's I am tempted to paint the whole tank in this colour.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

wibblywobbly wrote:Got any pics, I was thinking of cutting it off at the base, drilling out the mantlet, and sleeving the barrel over the airsoft tube? I used to have a ztz but never got around to doing a recoil.
wib, here is the picture. I basically cut right at the joint between the mantlet and the barrel, unfortunately took out the bolts which can be added back on after, drill out the mantlet for the barrel to slide in and use the BB alum barrel as sleeve. The BB fits into the Clark's universal recoil block directly and it is a gear driven set-up (rather than servo linkage pull/push).
DSCN1550.JPG
And here is a quick video. I just use my default IBU servo timing set-up but will be refining. The return seems a little slow to me. IBU2 Base with Chally sound for now.

phpBB [video]

MichaelC.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

That's a very neat job, thanks for posting the video!
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Modern Builds”