M1A1 Thunder Run: Finishing Turret Upgrades

ALPHA
Major-General

Re: M1A1 Thunder Run: Turret Markings and Details

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:Thanks for the explanation ALPHA and I will wait to see what happens to the link I have posted now.

No I didn't get a set of these yet. I may do but will then also have to change the spare sprocket ring on the the turret top too. Either a new one or if possible adapt the plastic one I already have to match.

Other projects on the go at the moment so this is not a priority. I hope I may have a Type 10 soon to work on.

Paul
Look forward to seeing that Type 10...it will be nice to get a review from someone here....word on the model is sketchy...a teeter totter of good and bad things...from what I've seen ...the only thing I really don't like aside from the price tag lol...are the molded on rubber extensions on the front fenders...the 1/24th scale HL Type 90 has them molded on too....and by god they are ugly :haha:

About the link...not sure what the deal is...but it just seems like it's that one company...so I just gave up posting it...don't think they will touch your link

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Could be there is a mix up with Tank Zone & Tankarmy ??...............
Anyhoo, they do alright by me.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Could be there is a mix up with Tank Zone & Tankarmy ??...............
I wouldn't know Herman...never dealt with either of them...Shipping from Australia to here is rather high...sometimes more than the part...The place I'm speaking of is on the Continent...shipping is not bad ...in this case with the wheels 10 dollars us covered quite a bit...brought in a bunch of little bits ;)

ALPHA
atcttge
Sergeant

Post by atcttge »

How did you make the smoke grenades?

BTW, that 120mm can looks awesome. :)
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

ALPHA wrote:
Uncarina wrote:ALPHA,

I'm saving the skull for last! Where did you find the wheels?

I will send the company name via PM ;)

ALPHA
Hey Alpha,

Thanks, I will get a set of the sprockets ASAP, they look great. Save a lot of work on the lightening holes and hours at the mills machine to get the scalloped inner ring edge. :thumbup:

Cheers,
Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Excellent update Tom, she is really starting to look the part. :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

BarryC wrote:
ALPHA wrote:
Uncarina wrote:ALPHA,

I'm saving the skull for last! Where did you find the wheels?

I will send the company name via PM ;)

ALPHA
Hey Alpha,

Thanks, I will get a set of the sprockets ASAP, they look great. Save a lot of work on the lightening holes and hours at the mills machine to get the scalloped inner ring edge. :thumbup:

Cheers,
Barry
Sent you a PM Barry

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:
ALPHA wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote:Could be there is a mix up with Tank Zone & Tankarmy ??...............
I wouldn't know Herman...never dealt with either of them...Shipping from Australia to here is rather high...sometimes more than the part...The place I'm speaking of is on the Continent...shipping is not bad ...in this case with the wheels 10 dollars us covered quite a bit...brought in a bunch of little bits ;)

ALPHA
So the mystery continues. Where did you get your sprocket set from then ALPHA. I'm sure it would be helpful for others to know.

PAUL
I'm really hesitant to do so...It gets kind of troublesome when you post a link trying to help others...and come back later to find the link is gone ..seems it's ok if I do it the way I do it now...for me and maybe the mods...it's just that much less work on both sides ;)

ALPHA
Uncarina
Lance Corporal

Post by Uncarina »

atcttge wrote:How did you make the smoke grenades?

BTW, that 120mm can looks awesome. :)
Thanks! For the grenades I used two diameters of tubing (the outer was a stirring straw) with a rod in the middle. Now I have to scratchbuild five 50 cal ammo cans...actually more since I want to build the Trumpeter M-ATV! Anyone want to cast these?

Cheers, Tom
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:In which case would you mind sending me a PM with the link please.

Thanks

Paul
If you're not in a rush like I was when I found them...you might contact Forgebear...think he mentioned to me he might get some in ...I also think the shipping from him would be much better than ordering from the contact I used.... ;)

ALPHA

PS, Sorry Uncarina for Off Topicing your thread :{

Return to “Modern Builds”