Private

Re: sponges challenger 2 build

Post by Docomar750 »

Cheers thanks for the assist
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Well been a while since I posted anything as been to busy blowing my money on airsoft and using and abusing my tank fleet, but this lock down has give me time to do some much needed repairs/service/upgrades to the chally.
So first off I had always wanted to fill the lower Hull with resin to add some weight and rigidity as well as giving me a nice flat Hull bottom to mount stuff, filled the Hull level with the gearbox mounting holes as this will give me more support for the gearboxes and clamping area.
ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
This went pretty well as have never used resin before, bloody stunk though! Had enough left over to do my panzer iv too, but that needs new wheels, but thats another project!

Also decided to rejig the turret servos to give me more gun depression and balance the main gun so the elevation servo has an easier time, 2p's came in handy here ImageImage

My third project was to seal the drive axle supports/ drive axle/ Hull, some rubber grommets and o'rings came in handy here as well as a ton of axle grease and should seal the opening from crud ImageImageImage
You might also notice from these pics the m4 blots and washers to secure the gearboxes, I have found this is the most secure way to mount them, the plastic mounting holes always crack/loosen with heavy use.
So now just to repair the missing track pads (will do some cheeky pics later for that Image) reassemble the lower Hull, waiting for my Tarr smoker to arrive so that will go in also and a few various other small jobs Image
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

Nice build mate :clap:
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Thanks dude always more to do though

Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

spongehoobtank82 wrote:Thanks dude Image always more to do though Image

No kidding mate Image My build is just about done for now (just waiting for some TOGS doors and updated RWS from James Canham) but I'm still having issues with electrics sadly - cost me a bloody fortune in TK60 boards!

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

That's annoying dude, I use the ibu2 Pro in this and it's always been good and straightforward, but I might upgrade to the IBU3 in future

spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Black Knight wrote:
spongehoobtank82 wrote:Thanks dude Image always more to do though Image

No kidding mate Image My build is just about done for now (just waiting for some TOGS doors and updated RWS from James Canham) but I'm still having issues with electrics sadly - cost me a bloody fortune in TK60 boards!

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Dude your chally is looking awsome by the way! You pimped it with all those beautiful dklm bits :D
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Decided to repaint the gpmg, I can't do tiny yellow writing (well I probably could, I just can't be bothered Image) so don't hold the squiggles against me, they look good at a distance ImageImageImage

PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

"If you can read this, you are in range" :haha:
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

PershingLover wrote:"If you can read this, you are in range" :haha:
To be fair if you can read it at all your in trouble ImageImageImage am pretty sure you can get an ammo box decal, but for the life of me can't remember where!

Return to “Modern Builds”