sponges challenger 2 build

spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Re: sponges challenger 2 build

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Ah well I see you problem there, well you have 3 options there, 1 remove the toothed section and make your own toothed rack out of plasticard or use a bit of an old turret ring cut to length, it's is a curved rack right? 2 scrap the lot and use my method which requires no toothed rack/pinion, just ingenuity or 3 wait for them to bring out a longer one! To be fair the cut up turret ring would prob work atleast untill you can get the proper part I actually have to much elevation/depression on mine now to be fair and I can't set the limits on the servo with the ibu2 what board you using?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

Hmm, I might have to have a go at the turret ring method - I guess the radius would be roughly correct. I'm using a TK60 board - I haven't got around to fine tuning things like the recoil speed, elevation/depression limits etc as I'm still waiting to install a fully functioning TK60SPW G2 LOL

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Black Knight wrote:Hmm, I might have to have a go at the turret ring method - I guess the radius would be roughly correct. I'm using a TK60 board - I haven't got around to fine tuning things like the recoil speed, elevation/depression limits etc as I'm still waiting to install a fully functioning TK60SPW G2 LOL

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Well hopefully with that board you can set the elevation/depression limits Image would be alot easier, although depending on how far the board tells the servo to move you might not need it, well hope it all comes together Image

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2

Return to “Modern Builds”