HL M1A2 ABRAMS upgrade/super detail .... Hopefully

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: HL M1A2 ABRAMS upgrade/super detail .... Hopefully

Post by Max-U52 »

OK, I got most of the stuff for the Abrams from ebay, and the seller is toucanhobby. Is there a specific item you want to know about?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
keno
Recruit

Post by keno »

Thanks Max-U52... I just ordered a few things from TankArmy over in Australia. The shipping is as much as the items I'm buying. Anyway, new detailed sprockets, new loaders hatch and new CWS. I ordered vision blocks and periscopes from another source and final drive bearings from RC Tank Modified. This is truly becoming an international Abrams. Parts from Australia, Thailand the U.K. And USA...

So how do I post pictures? It tells me the file is too big and max is 350 KiB...
How do you post?
keno
Recruit

Post by keno »

I'd like to know more about the henntec compensating idler wheel axle...
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

For photos I upload to photobucket first, then copy them here.

I'll be interested to see what the vision blocks look like.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
JohnWhyte
Corporal

Post by JohnWhyte »

Well my M1A2 abrams has arrived and I will be doing it as a Australian one
T-34
2 Pz.4
Korean Pershing
2 M50
2 M51
M1
2 King Tiger
2 Jagdpanzer E75
Alligator
E25 Ausf D
E75
E50
T32
Radar Panther
keno
Recruit

Post by keno »

I'm still waiting for my periscopes and vision blocks...what color did you use and was it transparent? Also did you paint the back side or between the tow plastics?
I mounted my slip ring and although it has the wrong connectors I hope to repin. Also possibly cut a three pin down to two pin. Not sure if it can be done...
keno
Recruit

Post by keno »

Here's a bit of my progress. I installed the Henntec track adjuster and seems to work great. I also purchased a h/l recoil unit and was wondering if there is a better one or any instructions on installing it. I'd like to know what servo to use also how to upgrade my gun elevation system. I'm finding a bunch of great info here so thanks to all you guys for the info. I have the 360 degree turret ring gear and am looking forward to seeing how that works out, also a 360 slip ring.
Also anyone out there have any advise on total weight the Abrams should weigh for it to respond correctly with the terrain would be appreciated. Thanks to all for your ideas and directions!

Ken
keno
Recruit

Post by keno »

Got my vision blocks and periscopes but I'm holding out till I get the hull mechanics done. Then I'll move on to the turret upgrades.

Keno
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

keno wrote:Got my vision blocks and periscopes but I'm holding out till I get the hull mechanics done. Then I'll move on to the turret upgrades.

Keno
Hey Keno,

Any updates?

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci

Return to “Modern Builds”