M1A1HA, 8-11 Update, Loader's Armored Gun Station (LAGS)

Postby Ad Lav » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:14 pm

Keep checking in on the updates - coming along a real treat! Keep up the good work!
Ad Lav
Lieutenant

Postby BarryC » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:18 am

Ad Lav wrote:Keep checking in on the updates - coming along a real treat! Keep up the good work!

Thank you and will do! Working on completing the details on the Commander's Cupola and 50 cal.

Barry
BarryC
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:40 am

I think I'm going to miss this build when it's finally finished.

All the detailing, and re detailing till you get it how you want.

It certainly has been highly entertaining, and informative, a real joy to watch and in a way be part of :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you for sharing Barry :thumbup:
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby BarryC » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:56 am

Thanks Mick,

What makes you think I'm actually going to finish it! :haha:
I'm looking forward to finishing it as I've got several more I would like to complete in this life time. :thumbup:

Cheers
Barry
BarryC

Postby HERMAN BIX » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:54 am

BarryC wrote:Thanks Mick,

I'm looking forward to finishing it as I've got several more I would like to complete in this life time. :thumbup:

Cheers
Barry

When you say "this life time" is that measured in light years or dog years, or Human years ?? :wtf:
All I want is that its finished before the Mother Ship takes you home.
Those gigantic eyes and spindly fingers will be missed :'(

If your ability to paint is anywhere near as good as your ability to create and build, then we are in for a treat.
HERMAN BIX
Major

Postby BarryC » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:50 pm

HERMAN BIX wrote:
BarryC wrote:Thanks Mick,

Cheers
Barry

When you say "this life time" is that measured in light years or dog years, or Human years ?? :wtf:
All I want is that its finished before the Mother Ship takes you home.
Those gigantic eyes and spindly fingers will be missed :'(

If your ability to paint is anywhere near as good as your ability to create and build, then we are in for a treat.

Herman,

I requested and been granted a permanent change of duty assignment. I will be living out my remaining days right here of the "good earth" with all you good folks! :clap: I'm still not clear on how this will affect my longevity. :think: But I was very pleased with the approval of my request. I really enjoy it here and "really" like the elixir you call Bourbon! :D It's not Romulan Ale but it is most pleasant and after a trying day at the bench it's most relaxing! :thumbup:

I spent some 12 years doing custom painting of Model Railroad equipment specifically imported brass steam locomotive and believe I'm fairly accomplished with my paint skills. Though I've built and painted a few static models since it has now been over 15 years since last time I took on a painting task as large as the Abrams will be, so we shall see. ;)

Barry
BarryC

Postby Eastern Front » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:22 pm

Fantastic job Barry.....

Though you humbly state "We'll see" on the paint job, we all really know the outcome--Awesome!

It will be sad to see it come to and end, its like watching an epic movie, when it ends you say, "wow" that was awesome, then you say "Bummer its over" Lastly you then look forward to a sequel!

Can't wait for your "Sequel" Barry!!!

Cheers!!
Eastern Front
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby BarryC » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Eastern Front wrote:Fantastic job Barry.....

Though you humbly state "We'll see" on the paint job, we all really know the outcome--Awesome!

It will be sad to see it come to and end, its like watching an epic movie, when it ends you say, "wow" that was awesome, then you say "Bummer its over" Lastly you then look forward to a sequel!

Can't wait for your "Sequel" Barry!!!

Cheers!!

Thank you for the kind words.

I hope my painting will be up to expectations. It's more the weathering that concerns me than the basic paint.

I started out with a vision and have worked hard to fulfill it.

As for the sequel, I have a number of options.

Heng Long / DGS Firefly conversion, started but set aside.
Heng Long / Nick Aguilar M4A3 76(W)...."In the Mood"
Tamiya Leopard 1A5 with all the AFV Model upgrades and details along with the Perfect Scale A5 turret.
Tamiya Leopard 2A6 with AFV Model upgrades planning a 2A6 CAN with Slat Armor. 8O
Tamiya M551 Sheridan, OOB "for the most part" at least that's the plan!
Taigen T34 metal lower / Trumpeter T34/76 Upper & Turret
Ludwigs Centurion planning a Australian Mk5 Vietnam version
Ludwigs M48A3/5 planning a US Army Vietnam version
Hooben T55 with Ludwig upgrades converted to Israeli Tiran 4
Dragon 1/6" M4A4 conversion to USMC M4A2 with Spiker Workshop upgrades, East Coast Armory and Armorpax details. Working on obtaining some 50 cal ammo and links need as final missing detail pieces. I have a couple of 1/6 USMC figures for crew members.

I am leaning towards the Tamiya M551 Sheridan just because it should not be a 3+year build!
The Firefly could also be next as I've gotten the lower (re-positioned gearboxes) and the transmission cover done.

Thanks again!
Barry
BarryC

Postby Eastern Front » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:54 pm

Hi Barry,

I have the 1A5 kit (two kits actually) was working one for a Leo 1A4 I have but making R/C has me perplexed...Its a great kit though a little fragile on some of the pieces.

I am thinking the Australian build Centurion, would love to see you do that. .. I did do an Australian Leopard, turned out well and a Canadian Leopard 2A6... I try to get around :D

Never cared for the Henglongs, too much modding to make them reliable, would rather get a Ludwig kit and build that.

well, Great work, you are a valuable source of modelling skill I like to see and learn from!! Though I do not have the Alien eyes and micro fingers :haha: :haha: :haha:

Cheers!
Eastern Front
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:34 pm

Eastern Front wrote:I am thinking the Australian build Centurion, would love to see you do that.

Me three :D

As for the 1/6th Sherman, you shouldn't bother, it's not very good, but I'll do you a favour, I'll take it off your hands without charging you any rubbish collection fees. . . . :D
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby BarryC » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:40 pm

Thanks Gents!

I like the idea of the Australian Centurion Mk5 as well and after seeing the amazing job Louis did on his well, that might just be the ticket. :thumbup:

We'll see 8)
Barry
BarryC

Postby HvyCgn9 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:54 pm

I have been busy for abit and just stopped past for a peek.....WOW! It will be great to see it finally painted.

If you decide to do the OZ Centurion I will keep an eye out for any on display locally.....I can think of 3 Leo1's on display but not any Centurions off hand, if I am going past I will stop by the National military vehicle museum up the other end of Adelaide....If I find one I will get some good pics for ya....

Cheers Bruce

Personally I want to see you do the M551!! I only just seen Tamiya had released it way to expensive for me....LOL I just spent a lot of $$$ on HO trains.... 8O 8O
HvyCgn9
Private

Postby BarryC » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:34 pm

HvyCgn9 wrote:I have been busy for abit and just stopped past for a peek.....WOW! It will be great to see it finally painted.

If you decide to do the OZ Centurion I will keep an eye out for any on display locally.....I can think of 3 Leo1's on display but not any Centurions off hand, if I am going past I will stop by the National military vehicle museum up the other end of Adelaide....If I find one I will get some good pics for ya....

Cheers Bruce

Personally I want to see you do the M551!! I only just seen Tamiya had released it way to expensive for me....LOL I just spent a lot of $$$ on HO trains.... 8O 8O

Hi Bruce,

I myself am getting a little anxious to get on with the painting! I am actually at a point that I have to paint some of the individual parts that need to be Desert Sand color before they can be attached.

It will be a Aussie Centurion so any photos that you have an opportunity to get will be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

As you saw the Sheridan is in work but I've put it away before Herman reports me to the "Orson", again. :haha:

I'm a life long HO model railroader and have lots of equipment that I had collected. I do not have a place for a layout so it's all been packed away for the last 20+ years. I used to work in a Hobby Shop that handled only model trains. I did custom painting and detailing mostly HO and O scale brass locomotives for customers for some 13 years.

Barry
BarryC

Postby HvyCgn9 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:14 pm

do some practice painting first, then start with the small stuff!!

I just ordered a new airbrush compressor myself so I can paint 1/72 helicopters, and weather some of my rolling stock...

This time last year I had 1 old US loco and about 7 boxcars pinched from Dad that he wasn't ever going to use (his layout is OO British stock) since then via local swapmeets and ebay I have retired the old diesel (it was warn out from alot of running 35 years ago!!) and have 21 loco's (all diesels half Rio Grande, 1 US Army camo (Custom paint job off ebay,remarkably cheap) 2 Santa Fe FP45s cause they look tough! and 8 Union Pacific) plus about 100 freight cars of various types!! I may have gotten carried away....now just need to build a modular layout!!

I have to do some maintenance on my M1A1 shortly for summer, need a new main battery as it wont hold a charge. Also looking at getting a Clark board and running a 11.1v lipo and using a decent Tx on it.
HvyCgn9
Private

Previous

Return to Modern builds