Tamiya Tiger 1 Full Option Henntec upgrade question

Skydive130
Recruit

Tamiya Tiger 1 Full Option Henntec upgrade question

Post by Skydive130 »

Hi all,

I have been lucky enough to get a Tiger 1 full option kit unbuilt on eBay for £400 which came with some extras including a lot of 3rd party photo etch, turret weight, DKLM gearbox grace, Turnigy chip (whatever that does?) and full metal tracks.

My question is this, if I am fitting the metal tracks instead of the stock plastic, do I really need the Henntec rear idler? I am only planning to build this as a runner for my own pleasure, it will be used in the house and possibly back garden? The issue is finding the Henntec idler set in the UK. I nearly bought it from Robert at ETO for $41, but the invoice came back with $43 UPS postage which is almost enough to feed a family of 4 for a week in some countries! I politely cancelled the order.

I can see it on the .de website, but even after living in Germany for 9 years, my German isn’t good enough to see if it’s in stock and how to navigate the webpage. If using this beautiful model as a house runner, would I be better of selling the metal tracks and building as stock?

Thoughts please
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Tamiya Tiger 1 Full Option Henntec upgrade question

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Have you contacted Guido? He is a member of this forum. Also, when I go on to his site both on my phone and laptop, it is auto translated into English. My German is non existent but I managed to buy from him without any problem. Guido's English is excellent.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Skydive130 wrote:Hi all,

Thoughts please
My first thought is why don't you first go to the "Introduce yourself" Section of the Forum where you can tell us about yourself before asking questions of us,
First the potatoes then the fruit cocktail. :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Skydive130
Recruit

Post by Skydive130 »

Fair cop on the intro and have addressed that, very sorry for my rudeness.
Skydive130
Recruit

Post by Skydive130 »

Struggling to find the Henntec HT013 rear idler. ETO is a no go due to postage costs and Henntec,s website has it but doesn’t seem to have UK in the drop down delivery destinations, no option for PayPal either? Any advise guys would be appreciated
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Skydive130 wrote:Struggling to find the Henntec HT013 rear idler. ETO is a no go due to postage costs and Henntec,s website has it but doesn’t seem to have UK in the drop down delivery destinations, no option for PayPal either? Any advise guys would be appreciated
His web is no user friendly. I wonder how many customers is he missing because of that. It almost made me throw the towel even when I do speak german.

He takes paypal, and he ships everywhere and he also answers emails. Try with that.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Henntec.jpg
Henntec.jpg (23 KiB) Viewed 2851 times
Skydive130
Recruit

Post by Skydive130 »

I have been in touch with Guido and I think I’ve managed to send him the money via PayPal, hopefully the postman will deliver in due course. Thank you all for your help :thumbup:
Skydive130
Recruit

Post by Skydive130 »

I have a Turnigy/flysky i6s transmitter (not i6). Will I be able to set this up with the tamiya DMD to operate the machine gun and main gun on a switch (no trim sliders) like it’s possible to do with the i6, or would I need to buy an i6 off eBay for £30? I have the i6s with self centering mod as it’s great for my boat fleet.

I used to have a Spektrum DX8 when I flew aircraft, but sold that when I stopped aircraft for boats, should have kept it I suppose?
Guido Henn
Lance Corporal

Post by Guido Henn »

Hello Model Maker,

I understand that many have a problem with a German website. That's why I've edited the shop a little bit.
The process of ordering from abroad is now described there.

I hope this helps >>

Sincerely, Guido :wave:

Return to “Modern Builds”