Tamiya Leopard 2A6 unboxing with UPGRADES FROM KING KONG RC!

pitstain
Corporal

Tamiya Leopard 2A6 unboxing with UPGRADES FROM KING KONG RC!

Post by pitstain »

phpBB [video]
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Tamiya Leopard 2A6 unboxing with UPGRADES FROM KING KONG

Post by Soeren »

Hmm, you have them going. What upgrades did you buy for that?
Still didn't start mine. Should be interesting to watch your build.
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

All the upgrades are shown and explained in the video, enjoy.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

KKRC makes an excellent product. I recently got their M26 wheels & was very impressed. Only wish they would offer parts for 1/16 M4 series as well other tanks.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Ah, I see. Recently had a look at these part's on the ebay webshop. These are cheaper than the brass offerings by dklm and tankmodellbau. But they look solid? Will have to look at your opinion in the video.
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:KKRC makes an excellent product. I recently got their M26 wheels & was very impressed. Only wish they would offer parts for 1/16 M4 series as well other tanks.
I saw your wheels, they are awesome, made me feel ok dropping $500 with them on upgrades.
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

Soeren wrote:Ah, I see. Recently had a look at these part's on the ebay webshop. These are cheaper than the brass offerings by dklm and tankmodellbau. But they look solid? Will have to look at your opinion in the video.
All the parts look and feel VERY well made.
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

Eastern Front wrote:Hey Pit, great video as usual...

On the Tamiya Leopard hull, it is fine, even though its plastic. If the Leopard had individual gearboxes it would have been an issue because the torque on the hull would have been felt independently, Since the hull has a transmission not gearboxes the torque is applied across the transmission and not felt in the hull.

I am on my 3rd Leopard 2A6 and though your upgrades are cool, I have never had any issues in my Leopards. I imagine if you drive on carpet or really thick grass it could cause issues. I drive in dirt for the most part.

Since your lower hull is aluminum, paint it with Zinc Chromate, its better than standard primer...

Are you sticking with a std. Leopard 2A6 build or will you go for a 2A6M, that would be cool!

Cheers!
I primarily drive on carpet and driveways, and just the automotive nut in me but a floppy chassis is just not something I can sleep with.

I'll find some Zinc Chromate primer, thanks!

Standard 2A6, but with a bit of a "what if?" theme, I think, we'll see. :)
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

pitstain wrote:
Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:KKRC makes an excellent product. I recently got their M26 wheels & was very impressed. Only wish they would offer parts for 1/16 M4 series as well other tanks.
I saw your wheels, they are awesome, made me feel ok dropping $500 with them on upgrades.
Here where I am, I bought direct from their Taobao store & spent considerably less - $133 at current exchange.

Regarding the question of being solid, they are rock solid. Look at my post on their M26 wheels.

viewtopic.php?f=195&t=27810

I only wish they offered M4 parts since I'm currently finishing my M4A1 build. Besides Mato, does anyone know of else offer early T49 metal track &/or open spoke wheels? I'm going with 3D printed open spoke wheels but would love a more accurate track than Mato.
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:
pitstain wrote:
Here where I am, I bought direct from their Taobao store & spent considerably less - $133 at current exchange.

Regarding the question of being solid, they are rock solid. Look at my post on their M26 wheels.

viewtopic.php?f=195&t=27810

I only wish they offered M4 parts since I'm currently finishing my M4A1 build. Besides Mato, does anyone know of else offer early T49 metal track &/or open spoke wheels? I'm going with 3D printed open spoke wheels but would love a more accurate track than Mato.
The shipping for all those parts was $62 total, but they came in 2 days via DHL Express.

Return to “Modern Builds”