scalawag JGSDF Type 10

Ad Lav
Captain

Re: scalawag JGSDF Type 10

Post by Ad Lav »

Nice score Paul :D

She is tiny for an mbt!

I can see a figure masterclass coming soon for those two. Look forward to seeing it running at SEAG!
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by jtracks »

I was a little sad when he said he sold it, but I see it's gone to a good home. Enjoy Paul.
Joe
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

You might have persuaded me to go for one of the ones axels has, lovely machine. I like the compactness of it. Should make it a better fighter in confined spaces than the other mbts
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I fancy one too. Do like the look of the JS2 as well. Both around £600.

Look forward to what you do with it.
Uncarina
Lance Corporal

Post by Uncarina »

Paul,

Great overview! Looks like you are starting out with an excellent base for adding a few refinements. One of the things I like about this tank is the slave feature for keeping the gun on target while the tank manuevers. How is this feature and the suspension?

Cheers, Tom
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

So how do you like it so far Scalawag....Great looking tank for sure....One critique I've heard about it is the Resin Tracks...What's your opinion on those?

ALPHA

PS...Hope you repaint the commander...he looks pretty grumpy for some reason :haha:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

ALPHA wrote:So how do you like it so far Scalawag....Great looking tank for sure....One critique I've heard about it is the Resin Tracks...What's your opinion on those?

ALPHA

PS...Hope you repaint the commander...he looks pretty grumpy for some reason :haha:
Resin tracks?
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:
ALPHA wrote:So how do you like it so far Scalawag....Great looking tank for sure....One critique I've heard about it is the Resin Tracks...What's your opinion on those?

ALPHA

Hi ALPHA the tracks aren't resin, i'm not to sure where that idea has come from. The pins, end pieces and track horns are metal, and the links are injection moulded plastic. They work very well, and seem very durable to my eye.
The Idea came from just checking reviews....some said they were plastic...some said they were resin...also some listings on EBAY...same thing...so it's clear they are plastic....is it the hard stuff or the polymer mix stuff
A lot also didn't like the dust flaps ..are they molded on?
Another crit was about the bucket....but looks good from here ;)

The commander will be up for a repaint, once I have the tank looking more or less as I like it. I have done some work on it today which I will post some pics of later today hopefully.

Paul
Cool...will be looking forward to it...really like the size...think the Japanese are on the right track with the design ...what can I say...I like small fast armor ;)
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Nice work as usual mate.

Did you debate the other decals?
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:The plastic in the tracks is a hard injection moulding.

The front dust flaps are moulded as part of the upper hull, the side skirts and rear flaps are separate pieces which are moulded in a more supple slightly flexible plastic, they don't flex too much but not as brittle as the hull plastic is.

By bucket do you mean the lower hull tub? this is metal with other details in a mix of metal and plastic. very rigid as it is also filled with speaker box and gearboxes. It is folded into shape not stamped, and there are some gaps around the bottom of the corners, but I would say it is pretty sound.

Paul
Great...thanks for the info Scalawag....Yes I was referring to the lower hull...Sounds good from your general review...Makes me wonder what all the griping was about :think:

Did you take it for a spin?...There was also some mention about how light the tank was ...how it would kind of bounce instead of crushing things lol

ALPHA

Return to “Modern Builds”