Gallipoli 2015

This section is for talk about real historic events, battles or anything like it.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Gallipoli 2015

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well my attendance passes have arrived. Im off to Rome on the 19th , driving down to Cassino(monte) and back to Rome by the 23rd. Cross to Istanbul that night, then do the 6 hour bus trip to Gallipoli on the 24th arriving about 2200hrs.
Dawn Service at Anzac Cove on the 25th then off to the New Zealand Service at Chunuk Bair afterwards.

Humble in my anticipation of this 100 year anniversary that really defines the spirit of ANZAC
Attachments
P3281350.JPG
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Gallipoli 2015

Post by jarndice »

Good on you Herman, I see for the first time in too many years a member of the Royal family will be there as well .
I have said this before.
It fills me with disgust the way just about every British Government has since the end of WW1 totally ignored the sacrifice made by the extraordinarily brave men of the ANZAC even though it was the British Secretary of State for War (a Mr Winston S Churchill esq) who ordered the cock up to proceed!
I love my Country but I am not one of those who "Say my Country right or wrong".
We have never acknowledged the true blame for the horrendous events on and around the Gallipoli Peninsula, and the time to do so is long overdue!
My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your Countrymen on the 25th. :( shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Historic Events / Days to remember”