IBU2 Ultimate - Main cannon Trigger

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Cdn_Tanker
Recruit

IBU2 Ultimate - Main cannon Trigger

Post by Cdn_Tanker »

Looking through the forums I saw that back in 2018 someone posted about putting the main cannon and machine gun firing on separate switches instead of using the main gun up and down function to the end(s). The suggestion was using the 'mix' feature of the FlySky. I was wondering if there was any other way around this. I have played with the mixing feature a bit, but cant find the 'sweet spot' to only have elevation on the stick and only firing on a switch or the VrA or VrB.
Any other suggestions??

Running the FlySky 6iS in iBus mode on the IBU2 Ultimate (FO).
Was also wondering if anyone knows what the actual channel designations are(I know ch1 to 4) for all the (additional) functions (eg. main gun , mg, etc)? Thats on addition to the user manual that would be helpful imo.

Cheers,
Russ
"No matter where you go........... there you are!"
HL - Leopard
HL - Sherman - Italy 1943 Royal Scots Greys
HL - Tiger 1 Early - 131 (Bovington inspired)
Taigen - Tiger 1 Early - 812 'Tiki'
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: IBU2 Ultimate - Main cannon Trigger

Post by Jofaur86 »

MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Cdn_Tanker wrote:Looking through the forums I saw that back in 2018 someone posted about putting the main cannon and machine gun firing on separate switches instead of using the main gun up and down function to the end(s). The suggestion was using the 'mix' feature of the FlySky. I was wondering if there was any other way around this. I have played with the mixing feature a bit, but cant find the 'sweet spot' to only have elevation on the stick and only firing on a switch or the VrA or VrB.
Any other suggestions??

Was also wondering if anyone knows what the actual channel designations are(I know ch1 to 4) for all the (additional) functions (eg. main gun , mg, etc)? Thats on addition to the user manual that would be helpful imo.

Cheers,
Russ
Hey Russ,

If you are only looking at using the switches for main gun fire and MG, you should be able to map a master and a slave to one of the switches as they are only single channel inputs.

MichaelC.
Cdn_Tanker
Recruit

Post by Cdn_Tanker »

MichaelC wrote:
Cdn_Tanker wrote:Looking through the forums I saw that back in 2018 someone posted about putting the main cannon and machine gun firing on separate switches instead of using the main gun up and down function to the end(s). The suggestion was using the 'mix' feature of the FlySky. I was wondering if there was any other way around this. I have played with the mixing feature a bit, but cant find the 'sweet spot' to only have elevation on the stick and only firing on a switch or the VrA or VrB.
Any other suggestions??

Cheers,
Russ
Hey Russ,

If you are only looking at using the switches for main gun fire and MG, you should be able to map a master and a slave to one of the switches as they are only single channel inputs.

MichaelC.
Michael, thats my hope, I just dont know what the Channel numbers are for the machine gun and cannon. The are at the positive and negative extremes of Channel 3...
HL - Leopard
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

For info,
http://rctanksaustralia.com/forum1/view ... ?f=32&t=19
see also the blog of a member of this forum, link attached :thumbup:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/2020/06/25/radios/
Rad..maîtrise parfaitement les réglages radio,peut lui faire confiance :haha:
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Russ,

Are you going to be at the April 2nd meet ? I can take a look for you. I don't think anyone in the club us using the 6is without the S-bus. It should be pretty straight forward mix.

MichaelC.
Cdn_Tanker
Recruit

Post by Cdn_Tanker »

MichaelC wrote:Russ,

Are you going to be at the April 2nd meet ? I can take a look for you. I don't think anyone in the club us using the 6is without the S-bus. It should be pretty straight forward mix.

MichaelC.

Hopefully... but likely wont be there til after mid afternoon :(
iBus and sBus are very similar.... All my other tanks are sBus... just not this one (Tiger 131). Thought I'd try the IBU2 and see what it was all about ;)
HL - Leopard
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:'( Michael, c'est mon espoir, je ne sais tout simplement pas quels sont les numéros de canal pour la mitrailleuse et le canon. Ils sont aux extrêmes positifs et négatifs du canal 3...
f at the ends channel 3 positive or negative, it is therefore this channel that must be mixed with the switches, + 125 and - minus 125%, finally in my opinion.

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”