Audio coming from speaker quite compared to Tamiya

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Panzerfaust250
Recruit

Audio coming from speaker quite compared to Tamiya

Post by Panzerfaust250 »

So I battle my Taigen Panzer 4 G (IBU2 Full Option) against Tamiyas and I have found that Tamiyas tend to drown me out rather easily. I had a Visaton (came in RC Tank Electronics 3D printed case) in my tank but swapped with a Taigen speaker (stock case) as the Visaton was far too quite. The Taigen speaker was a bit louder but even at full volume I am still pretty easy to drown out. I picked up a cheap Tamiya King Tiger speaker in it's original case and played audio through it much louder but of course would not fit into my tank. Any recommendations for making my tank louder as I am quite confused on how to boost my audio output. (P.S., I do not have the ability to 3D print and all tools my dad and I have are rather basic.)
YOUR AD HERE
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Audio coming from speaker quite compared to Tamiya

Post by c.rainford73 »

Head over to the introduction section of the forum and let everyone know a little about yourself and your experience with the hobby. Once that's done you will find many helpful members ready to assist you

:wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Unfortunately, the IBU is quiet compared to the Tamiya, not to mention Elmod. I have the same problem and I will probably solve it using an additional amplifier. I tested various loudspeakers, including the Visaton, and there were no major differences.
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

i think the point is impedance,,, tamiya is 4?, and elmod is 8? (i don't know IBU)

https://geoffthegreygeek.com/speaker-im ... ier-power/

i'm an electronically handycaped guy.... but it seems to me that this paragraph says that with the same amp output, 4 ohms are louder than 8 ohms

With a 4 ohm speaker, the maximum output power will be 200 watts.
With a 16 ohm speaker, the maximum output power will be 50 watts.
The above shows that for an ideal amp, halving the impedance doubles the power output. Doubling the impedance halves the power output

so... this could be the reason of tamiya's volume...
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

A better speaker box within do wonders, the ones Ian sold were quite small and quiet IMO. Try WillCapri aka Wcp models on here, he’s made me some visiting fr7 compatible boxes that worked great.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Jussek wrote:i think the point is impedance,,, tamiya is 4?, and elmod is 8? (i don't know IBU)
IBU spec say:
D-Class Audio Verstärker (10 Watt @ 8 Ohm, 15Watt @ 4 Ohm)

Doubling the power (or the volume) is subject to a different ratio.
An increase from 1 watt to 2 watts corresponds to an increase of 3 dB!
From this follows: an increase of 6 dB corresponds to four times the power!

However, it is always important that the loudspeaker matches the power:
Amplifier brings 15 watts @ 4 ohms = loudspeaker 15 - 20 watts @ 4 ohms
A loudspeaker needs at least 75% of the nominal power to reach its efficiency.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) I am surprised by the fact of connecting an HP 4 ohms on an output in 8? always learned that there was a risk of destruction of the power part of the amp? old memories of my high school technical classes? now not knowing the type of amplifier on the different turntables? but perplexed that manage to get out 15 watts, on Tamiya, Elmod, TK, etc. there is a volume potentiometer, have you checked if value (R in ohms) corresponds well, and if works?
tankme

Post by tankme »

BTW, they make the Visaton speakers in both 8 ohm and 4 ohm versions. If the IBU can handle the Visaton at 4 ohm it will probably be louder. I'm running a Clark TK50 board with a 7W amp using an 8 ohm Visaton FRS7s speaker (in a box) and mine is louder or as loud as any tank on the battlefield. Not all the FR7 series speakers have the same audio specs.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”