A slight problem

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

A slight problem

Post by MikeHamilton »

Hi, me again I'm afraid.

I have now got my IBU2U Full loosely fitted into my Torro / Taigen KT and pretty much all wired up.

A couple of / few things are puzzling me. Does the Taigen / Torro IR work with an IBU2U Full? If so, I can't get mine to work. If not, what do I need please?

Another puzzlement is that I've assigned the 10 channels on my FlySky 10 channel receiver correctly, with instructions provided by Ian at RC Tank Electronics and the receiver has been bound to the transmitter. What I can't fathom out is in the .ini file (a new one I've created from RC Tank Electronics), I've assigned channel 5 to be the front headlight. When I flick the switch on for channel 5 the light comes on but kills all functions. I can't get any movement from the tank whatsoever - turret rotation, elevation or wheels turning. If I switch the channel 5 switch back to off, all movement is restored. very odd. The headlight is soldered to the underside of the small 4 port daughter board.

Thirdly, the machine gun sounds, but no LED flashes. It is connected correctly to the small four port daughter board. Any ideas? i have ordered a replacement machine gun just in case the LED has blown.

Here are three piccies of the wiring on the daughterboard I've uploaded to Dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l8n1af1x9f6h ... 5ntTa?dl=0

Thanks in advance and apologies for being a pest.
‘Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes’ - Oscar Wilde
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: A slight problem

Post by Jofaur86 »

;)
Question: did you check that it left the receiver doing what and with only the handle or button? because even if on the map it is indicated Ch.1 / 2/3. etc. this does not necessarily correspond to the outputs of the RX which may vary depending on the brand. To do this, you have to install a servomotor on each RX output and see who controls what? It also depends on the mode of your radio, mode 1 or 2 more common (see in the menu) and according to your piloting convenience. There can also be a mix (in triggered) or others on this channel, or bad programming? principle it is generally the right channel, can also see the program of the turntable? for the non-functional led? is it connected in the right way, and also not a problem with the program?
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

here, who does what according to the type of transmitter mode (this for airplanes) in general it is mode 2 the most used
J
859F82EE-C7C6-4261-AFDE-DD9291919059.jpeg
859F82EE-C7C6-4261-AFDE-DD9291919059.jpeg (73.47 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeHamilton »

Jofaur86 wrote:;)
Question: did you check that it left the receiver doing what and with only the handle or button? because even if on the map it is indicated Ch.1 / 2/3. etc. this does not necessarily correspond to the outputs of the RX which may vary depending on the brand. To do this, you have to install a servomotor on each RX output and see who controls what? It also depends on the mode of your radio, mode 1 or 2 more common (see in the menu) and according to your piloting convenience. There can also be a mix (in triggered) or others on this channel, or bad programming? principle it is generally the right channel, can also see the program of the turntable? for the non-functional led? is it connected in the right way, and also not a problem with the program?
The receiver is working fine. The switch I’ve got programmed is the one on the far left above the control knobs.

Switch works fine too, it’s just the light when it’s on kills everything apart from the engine running sound.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:O Sorry, can I mix the neurons ... for the trouble on channel 5? have you tried it on another channel?
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeHamilton »

Jofaur86 wrote::O Sorry, can I mix the neurons ... for the trouble on channel 5? have you tried it on another channel?
I’ve not tried a different channel. I’ll give it a go tomorrow.
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeHamilton »

I think I’ve got it sussed out.
Having had numerous emails flying back and forth to Ian at RC Tank Electronics, where I got the IBU board from, it looks as if the channel 5 connector on the board is faulty.
Ian say that he’ll have it back and test or replace it if needs be.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

MikeHamilton wrote:I think I’ve got it sussed out.
Having had numerous emails flying back and forth to Ian at RC Tank Electronics, where I got the IBU board from, it looks as if the channel 5 connector on the board is faulty.
Ian say that he’ll have it back and test or replace it if needs be.
H
OK, hence the interest of trying with a servo :thumbup:
to confirm, the concern

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”