Servo Elevation IBU2U

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Juggmeister
Recruit

Servo Elevation IBU2U

Post by Juggmeister »

Can anybody assist on the correct settings for servo elevation?
I have fitted a servo elevation mod to my Leo. With the servo connected directly to a receiver it functions perfectly. If I pass it through the IBU2U it will elevate and depress. However, as soon as you stop elevating the barrel it drops back to level position. The same is true for depressing.
These are the settings, I have tried alternating between normal and 360 servo.

BsDirection=0 Sets the movement direction 0=normal, 1=reverse
BsSpeed=20 Sets the servo speed, minimum value 20, maximum value 100 (milliseconds) increasing value will slow down
movement
BsType=0 Sets servo type, value can be 0=normal or 1=360 deg. (continous rotation servo)
BsNeutralposition=1500 Sets neutral position value, minimum value 1200, maximum value 1800 (milliseconds)
BsMinposition=1000 Sets minumum position value, minimum value 900, maximum value 1500 (milliseconds)
BsMaxpositon=2000 Sets maximum position value, minimum value 1600, maximum value 2100 (milliseconds)

Any ideas?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Servo Elevation IBU2U

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Is your ibu2u board the base or full option version? Only the full option version has servo elevation capabilities so just checking on that first :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Juggmeister
Recruit

Post by Juggmeister »

Hi Lee,
Yes, full option.
Here's a couple of videos that may explain it a bit better, hopefully this will work!!
Elevation servo connected directly to Receiver
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mbMKg4][img]htt ... .jpg[/img]Leopard Servo direct RX by Steve Jugg, on Flickr[/url]

Elevation servo connected through IBU
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mbPbqm][img]htt ... .jpg[/img]Leopard Servo IBU by Steve Jugg, on Flickr[/url]
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Did you try changing the neutralposition parameters ? Doesn't help in terms of retaining the existing position though.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

I can't view the videos sorry. Sounds like the servo is just returning to it's centre position as in normal servo use instead of what it should be doing with the elevation input ??? Have you tried contacting Ian ( tankbear ) he's a member of this forum and the UK supplier of the ibu2 boards, if anyone can sort it out it would be him, he's extremely helpful and a nice guy :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Juggmeister
Recruit

Post by Juggmeister »

Well,
I think I may have solved the issue, Lee set me on the right track, no pun intended :D
I was previously having issues with the IBU2 and receiver, turns out the receiver stopped sending signals via I Bus. As part of the process to find the fault I got a link from Tankbear for a new micro SD download. Could it be that this was not for full option or I neglected to add a password or something to the code?
So I re installed the original micro sd and Bingo it's all working. Just have to reverse a few things and I should be good.

Thanks for your help :thumbup:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Glad to hear that you've got it sorted, there's nothing more frustrating than trying to trouble shoot a problem and it doesn't work :crazy: it's always a great relief then when you finally figure it out and it all works as it should :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”