Ibu2 ultimate setup for idiots (me)

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
BigbadDave
Recruit

Ibu2 ultimate setup for idiots (me)

Post by BigbadDave »

Hi all, new on here today, so hi, I have been trying to set up my ultimate board on a taigen IR recoil tiger, was anticipating problems with connecting up, but fallen down well before that! I have a Flysky FS I6X with a FS IA10B rx, not very familiar with it, and dont know if I have set it up correctly TBH, I have got the board powered, and can get it into calibrate mode, but have tried in ibus and ppm mode (changing the 0/1 in the ini file) and its not seeing the inputs.I tried to follow the instructions in the ibu2 manual regards setting up the sd card, but again, there are a lot of folders, duplicates of the ini file, one in the root, one in the 'tank' folder, I have no real idea what should be there as the instructions are written for someone who has a vague idea. So two full days wasted and no results, very disappointing, in myself and the poor amount of simple info, may go back to stock boards or try clark TK 40.
Last edited by BigbadDave on Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Ibu2 ultimate setup for idiots (me)

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello, and welcome to the forum.
Could you be a dear and post a little about yourself and your RC background in our introduce yourself section to appease our grumpiest forum members.
Sometimes it helps to know the extent of someone's knowledge, that way the replies can be altered to sound less condescending or not too technical depending on the level ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Hi, BBD, it also helps to know which country, or region, you're in. That way, recommendations for clubs, vendors, and resources are easier to tailor to your needs. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
BigbadDave
Recruit

Post by BigbadDave »

quick update on my ongoing lack of progress, Have double checked the SDcard folder config and replaced the ini file with a fresh from rctankelectronics.com web site, downloaded the correct file version for my board which is at firmware release 12.014, i checked through this line by line, there was no difference with what was on it so assume that was not the issue, and no difference still caput. There was a version of the ini file in the 'Tank' folder where the sounds are stored for model in use, so I deleted that.
board boots nicely, removing the jumper it goes into calibration mode, but after asking for the first control input there is no further response, (no seeing the control movement of any channel from my radio) i have tried this proceedure set (0n ini file) to PPM (all 8 servo leads)and to ibus using 1 lead servo port 2 as per the instructions, no joy. have now to question where there is an output from the Flysky RX (FS-IA10B, it's on the compatibility list), having no spare servo's have purchased some from good old amazon, also purchased another RX just in case, literally they just arrived as I type, which is 14hrs from ordering, so at least chuffed with that! will test the RX for output recheck the TX settings and report back.

for info, ibu2u unit was a new unit from rctanks.de, and is the full version, not base, and the reciever was sending telemetry back to the handset, so confident it was bound correctly
BigbadDave
Recruit

Post by BigbadDave »

It was the receiver setup, plugged another receiver in a bound it, still not working, reset the model, bang, off it went, so every time you change the config with the flysky rx, it goes into some kind of lock out, all the servo's buzz a little and twitch microscopically with any stick moved on the tx, only way to bring it back up is to reset the model on the tx, then go back through all the setup for switches etc, i must have altered the rx before I started out. couldn't see any mention of this special feature in the skyfly distructions! ah well, all up and working with 10 channels in ibus mode, now to finesse the setup, blimey!

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”