IBU2U sound slight issue.

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
jonh
Private

IBU2U sound slight issue.

Post by jonh »

I have this problem with the IBU2U boards fitted to both my Sturmtiger and also my grandson's Abrams.
When the tanks are in motion the sound 'stutters' almost as if the file is buffering. Gives the effect of changing gear almost. I am wondering if the fact I am running them on 2s lipos means that the voltage is dropping below some threshold and causing the issue and if changing to 3s Lipos would solve it? Or is there some setting I have missed?

Many thanks for the advice
Cheers
jonh
jarndice
Colonel

Re: IBU2U sound slight issue.

Post by jarndice »

I think I would e-mail Ian @ www.rctankelectronics.com and ask the main man.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi if you do change to 3s lipo change power output down to 60%

regards pete
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I limit my master volume to 60 to 70% ( not the volume pot) otherwise I get distortion or sound "skipping". Once the master volume in the ini. Files is reduced to 60 or 70 % the distortion goes away for me. :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jonh
Private

Post by jonh »

c.rainford73 wrote:I limit my master volume to 60 to 70% ( not the volume pot) otherwise I get distortion or sound "skipping". Once the master volume in the ini. Files is reduced to 60 or 70 % the distortion goes away for me. :clap:
That sounds like the problem I am getting - thank you for the advice Sir.
Thanks to all who replied.
Cheers
Jonh
jonh
Private

Post by jonh »

I tried reducing the master volume in the .ini file and tried it down to 10% in 10% increments - still the same issue. I also tried a different speaker - still the same. Oh well..............................
I have e-mailed Ian.
jonh
Private

Post by jonh »

Ian replied very promptly and here is his reply:

The 2S lipo shouldn’t be causing volt drop issues unless your running big motors or heavy tanks, small battery capacity (less than 1500mah), or bad cell in the battery.
Crackling sound could be interference from the motors, check if motors have the suppression capacitors fitted, positive and negative wires are parallel to each other as this cancels magnetic field around each core.
Might also be a issue with microSD card or files not been read correctly. Check microSD card contacts are clean and card fully inserted. You could also try copying the microSD card to your computer and formatting the microSD then copy the files back.
jonh
Private

Post by jonh »

FIXED!
I went through Ian's suggestions and re-formatting the SD card did the trick.
My grandson's Abrams now sounds like an Abrams and my Sturmtiger sounds like I imagine a Sturmtiger would.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Isn't Ian just the best? 8)

Stuff like this is why I'm always comfortable recommending Ian to other RC tankers. He's a great guy, he totally backs his product, and he really knows his stuff. :D
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

jonh wrote:FIXED!
I went through Ian's suggestions and re-formatting the SD card did the trick.
My grandson's Abrams now sounds like an Abrams and my Sturmtiger sounds like I imagine a Sturmtiger would.
I could have sworn somebody on this Forum suggested you go to Ian first :haha: :haha: :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”