IBU 2 woes

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Docomar750
Private

IBU 2 woes

Post by Docomar750 »

Hi All

Got my sherman in the garden this afternoon and happily driving away then it just died battery voltage good power getting through switch to board just no life in the board?

Any ideas I can check board is an old ibu2 green board
c.rainford73
Major

Re: IBU 2 woes

Post by c.rainford73 »

Did you check the fuses? There's one small one and a large one if i remember....
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Docomar750
Private

Post by Docomar750 »

Hi
Yes check big one the small one I think is soldered to the board not 100% sure about that one on testing as getting a spike then meter reads zero
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

I’ve had the same thing happen with mine, usually switch off & switch back on does the trick, tbh I think my motors are close to the boards limits, it is quite a heavy Tiger 1 lol
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

seems to quite a lot of IBU 2's going tits up lately ?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Silly question are the radio batteries good and is the radio properly calibrated? Has the tank been run a bit lately or sitting for a while.....

Does the board light up when powered up or no action at all?
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Docomar750
Private

Post by Docomar750 »

Hi

It's not run for a while as other projects on going cleared all dust out with compressed air (no moisture I have filter on compressor) and the board does nothing no light no sound.
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

If nothing comes on It will be the small 2amp SMD fuse that's blown, it is removable with I very small flat head screwdriver, you should be able to get some more from Ian at rctank electronics. Hope that helps dude
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
easy8
Private

Post by easy8 »

Before you use screwdrivers and solder irons, please remove the battery, use a multimeter (use ohm meter): measure resistance on both ends of the fuse. It should be zero Ohms if the fuse is intact. If the resistance is infinite than the fuse is broken. In that case follow the advice from spongehoobtank82. But I think you already did. Does the led /light on the receiver burn or does the board receiving power (multimeter) ?Are the tracks blocked (grass between the tracks)? Or try this: disconnect the the multi-coloured turret/gun/machine-gun connector and. see what happens than (maybe there is a short in that part of the tank causing a faulty board.

cheers Easy 8
Docomar750
Private

Post by Docomar750 »

Well thats 4 fuses on the board burnt out have plugged and unplugged servos, recoil and high intensity flash and still can't trace what is blowing the fuse just got a dead board and don't want to buy anymore fuses fed up now looks like will need new board :thumbdown:

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”