IBU2 no main gun sound

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Tankdude
Recruit

IBU2 no main gun sound

Post by Tankdude »

Hi all, I have installed a IBU2U into my Henglong T34, after the original RX18? board failed, probably due to use/age no problem as I've been driving it for around four years now.
I briefly installed an IBU2base a few years ago but had to remove it as I wanted it in my new Tamiya King tiger, all the Tamiya electrnics had been removed. I installed the IBU2base and got everything to work fine quite easily, used a Taigen barrel flash instead of the Tamiya one, works great.
Back to my poor T34, to bring it up to the driving standards of my two other tanks, I got a IBU2U for it and started to install it today, no problems with calibrating it and it runs and drives really well, better than the IBU2base's in my other tanks, which are good anyway.
The problem is with the main gun, it fires the airsoft fine, like shooting things when I run this tank!. But there is no cannon sound when I fire, the same thing happened when I installed the IBU2base a few years ago.
When I first had the T34 i didn't like the track recoil, so I removed the wiring from the micro switch on the airsoft unit and unplugged it from the MFU, no more track recoil which looks unrealistic.
Does the IBU need this connecting back up to trigger the cannon sound/main gun? I'm thinking this is what is stopping the cannon sound.
If it is this I need a new micro swicth on the airsoft and I can't figure out where to plug it into on the IBU2U.
Tomorrow hopefully I shall try the IBU2U out on my tiger I (Tiger I has a IBU2 board and works great, sort of elimination process as I am sure the IBU2Uboard is not at fault ) and if it fires the cannon with sound, as this airsoft does not have a micro switch at all, I could rewire my T34 exactly as the Tiger I is wired and then the T34 should work with sound?
c.rainford73
Major

Re: IBU2 no main gun sound

Post by c.rainford73 »

You can simply remove track recoil by going into the ini files on the SD card and not remove wires :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Tankdude
Recruit

Post by Tankdude »

c.rainford73 wrote:You can simply remove track recoil by going into the ini files on the SD card and not remove wires :wave:
Yes, you can. But I was still running the Henglong MFU when I removed the wire.

I have removed track recoil on my other two IBU equipped tanks in the SD card. :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I'd try re-connect and then test.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Tankdude
Recruit

Post by Tankdude »

I think you[re right. I found a thread on another tank forum were the guy was having similar issues, showed pics so I now know were to connect to.
Tankdude
Recruit

Post by Tankdude »

Refitted a microswitch to the airsoft unit from a spare one I had in my parts box, the track recoiled works but still no sound.

I then started playing with the SD card, and put another tank file on to see if that made any difference and now the main gun sound works, happy me. I do now have a T34 with Maybach engine sounds but it sounds great, so I'll leave it like it. I wonder if anyone will notice the wrong engine sounds?
The tank drives great now, low speed control is mega smooth and controllable.

:thumbup:

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”