IBU2U not assigning steering

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
jgm219
Recruit

IBU2U not assigning steering

Post by jgm219 »

Hi all. I just got an IBU2U Pro and I get all the way to calibration with a Flysky I6X to steering assignments, and nothing, no response or errors from the board, again nothing. All other assignments go great up until that, and I can't progress past that to complete calibration. I should also mention that when I go to calibrate, it says 5 channel set up when I have 6 wires connecting the receiver to the board. Could this be a board issue or my transmitter? I went and reinstalled the Taigen V3 electronics in with the same receiver and everything works great. I've been at this for hours, searching and I got nothing. :crazy:
I do believe I got you covered.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: IBU2U not assigning steering

Post by c.rainford73 »

Seems odd.... have you tried switching channels to see if you still encounter the problem?

May also help to pull the SD card out and load it into your computer and open the ini files to see where all the settings are at. This is where you assign your channels and functions.

Should be a simple fix.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jgm219
Recruit

Post by jgm219 »

Thanks, C. I got through calibration, now, but it still says 5 channel set up when I have 6 plugged in, and I've tried move the sticks to all corners, but no engine start up. I get mechanical noises on the left stick/all corners. I'm certain I saw someone a similar issue with the mech noises and no start up on the forum.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Go into the card, you can set engine start stop to a separate channel or switch. Like channel 5 or 6. See what stick direction engine start is in the files and remember to hold stick in that direction for 5 seconds.

I always move mine to switches so it's easier. Especially with the pro edition
theibuman
Private

Post by theibuman »

Hello,
Please go into sd card and check the BoardData.txt file, you will read the system information

FW version
Board ID code
Board type

Board type should show "Full"

If Base type is showed, this means that for some reason the board performed a "safe reboot" and returned to initial status (every board born as Base version).
The "safe reboot" will occur when the board processor watchdog detects a internal fault status (typically a very low battery voltage or short circuit)

If this is the case the simple solution it to contact reseller or directly IBU Electronics (info@ibu-electronics.com) and i'll send you a license key.
jgm219
Recruit

Post by jgm219 »

The good news is I did get the calibration, and the engine startup and shut down worked out. The board did show full and now everything is good. I do appreciate all the advice and help, guys!!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Sounds great. It's an excellent board. Enjoy it :thumbup:
jgm219
Recruit

Post by jgm219 »

I am loving it now that I got it sorted. LOL Everyone was right about the sound quality for example. Even with my base model Taigen speaker it's stupendous. I really appreciate the help!

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”