IBU2U (base) only one track will go forward

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
tgr6669
Recruit

IBU2U (base) only one track will go forward

Post by tgr6669 »

Hi all . Juust installed my new IBU2U (base) in my tank . Went by the manual ,everything went swimmingly until I tested it out . Only one track will move forward . They will both move backwards and will super spin but only one way . Tried it in 2 different tanks (both heng long / taigen) and 2 different transmitters(hobby king 4 channel and turnigy 9x ) and recievers with the same results . Looked into the sd card and everything looks ok . What do I do ? I have already contacted the vendor waiting on a response . Thanks
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: IBU2U (base) only one track will go forward

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Try connecting channel 1 in channel 2 and viceversa.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

tgr6669 wrote:Hi all . Juust installed my new IBU2U (base) in my tank . Went by the manual ,everything went swimmingly until I tested it out . Only one track will move forward . They will both move backwards and will super spin but only one way . Tried it in 2 different tanks (both heng long / taigen) and 2 different transmitters(hobby king 4 channel and turnigy 9x ) and recievers with the same results . Looked into the sd card and everything looks ok . What do I do ? I have already contacted the vendor waiting on a response . Thanks
Sounds like you've blown a FET. It will need returning to the seller for repair by Ivanov.
tgr6669
Recruit

Post by tgr6669 »

Hi Rad . Tried that , only one track worked but only reversed . I was afraid of that Tom . I bought it online and on sale from rctankelectronics thinking it was a good deal . Now I have to pay to ship it back and they will probably want me to pay to have it fixed and ship it back to me . Some savings .lol Oh well . Thanks for your help , waiting to hear back from rctankelectronics .
tgr6669
Recruit

Post by tgr6669 »

Hi Rad . Tried that , only one track worked but only reversed . I was afraid of that Tom . I bought it online and on sale from rctankelectronics thinking it was a good deal . Now I have to pay to ship it back and they will probably want me to pay to have it fixed and ship it back to me . Some savings .lol Oh well . Thanks for your help , waiting to hear back from rctankelectronics .
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Be assured that Ian (Tankbear) the head honcho of www.rctankelectronics.com and valued member of this Forum will treat you as he does everyone else with fairness and a determination to fix any perceived failings on your board,
He will not make outrageous financial demands for post or repair only what a decent dealer would be expected to charge,
Why don't you talk to him?
He is helpful and will answer any questions you might have about your board.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I agree. He helped me out when I thought I had blown my board. Turns out the board was fine though and I had god wrong receiver.

That been said when I have wanted sound files that were released after I got my boards he sent me the files
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

What Tom said it is also possible.

After a while one fet of my IBU 2 failed and I had to send the boards for repairs.
Also a brand new IBU 3 came defective with the same problem, but it was also fixed.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
tgr6669
Recruit

Post by tgr6669 »

Ian has contacted me . I wasn't trying to bad mouth him or the board . Was just disappointed. I am impressed by the swiftness of his response and am confident that things will go well. I thank everyone for your help. This is a good forum . Also I am impressed by the ease at which the transmitter and the receiver are programmed.
I humbly apologize if I offended anyone and look forward to using this forum again.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

We don't want you to "USE" the Forum, Indeed we don't want anyone to "USE" the Forum.
We want you to be an active member of the Forum,
Contributing your thoughts on matters concerning our hobby no matter how loosely, offering help or advise or opinions and yes even pictures :haha: .
If we can help members of the Forum we do so gladly but this Forum is much more than that and long may it be so. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”