Ibu2u Changing sound files for a noob

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Electricdemon66
Recruit

Ibu2u Changing sound files for a noob

Post by Electricdemon66 »

Good afternoon everyone

So I finally decided to take the plunge and bought an Ibu2u + Flysky package deal for my Taigen Tiger 1.
Despite being absolutely terrified of doing something wrong and blowing my new parts up I have actually got the thing installed in the tank and it works. Reading through forums and watching YouTube vids obviously helped alot.
Now comes the bit where I'm really struggling.... changing the sound files and assigning them to the handset etc . I cannot find a single video of how to do this. I've read similar posts where people say just copy this here and delete so and so but I'm too scared to do it in case I bugger the whole thing up. Do you just copy and paste things into the Tank file and delete old ones?
Sorry for being a little bit simple on this but I'm really struggling with this. I'm over the moon that I've got this far but am getting very frustrated with what I've read should be a simple 2 minute job.
Any help would be very much appreciated if someone could point me in the direction of a video that shows exactly how to change the sound profiles please.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Ibu2u Changing sound files for a noob

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I haven’t done one but have watched my dad and from what I can tell he copies the sound file from the memory card and pastes it to the running programs that you are trying to set up.

There is a full manual on rc electronics but I don’t know if it covers this

Sorry I cant be more help.

I haven’t needed to set mine up yet and I usually get my dad to install mine so he usually does the set up while he’s at it.
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

This may sound silly, but for some members this can be challenging. It would be excellent if someone can post a tutorial video of the process that can be viewed and saved as a resource.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Electricdemon66
Recruit

Doesnt sound silly at all, that's exactly what some of us need!
Who will rise to the challenge?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

One of many plus points for the ASP2 is that there is a U-Tube video that talks you through the whole process of getting the board up and running,
It is something that could indeed should be standard on all boards including Heng Long, Elmod and Taigen.
The Taigen V2/3 can confuse people when the leaflet says to plug a 2 pin JST in a particular section of a 5 pin socket,
Erik of IMEX Video makes a very helpful difference.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Electricdemon66
Recruit

The tank drives and fires correctly, all I'm struggling with is changing the sound files ?
Electricdemon66
Recruit

So I've had a play around and now it's all gone wrong and not really sure how to get back to how it was !!!
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Electricdemon66 wrote:So I've had a play around and now it's all gone wrong and not really sure how to get back to how it was !!!
Perhaps if you e-mail rc tank electronics he can point you in the right direction.
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
xhelfix
Lance Corporal

Post by xhelfix »

Hi,

im not shure if that helps you out......Madmike make some videos for the IBU, but i have no one and can not tell if it is helpful for you, and it´s in german.....:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TclPpxh ... e=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xqYmVn ... e=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPA1guT ... e=emb_logo

Greetz, Andy
Electricdemon66
Recruit

I've taken some shots of what I'm seeing on the screen if this helps !ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”