New IBU2 Ultimate Question

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Christopher
Recruit

New IBU2 Ultimate Question

Post by Christopher »

Hello,
I have run into another issue with my IBU2 , and I cannot figure it out. I have connected everything to my IBU2 and everything works great except for the headlights and the machine gun flash. I used the Taigen diagram to solder the wires to the appropriate places on the hull daughter board. The headlights and the machine gun all worked before I switched to the IBU2. They are Mato headlights and machine gun. The turret motor I soldered works great, but not the lights or gun. I checked the connections with a multimeter and I have current. I have changed the settings in the SD card for the lights to turn on when the engine starts, and when I move the left stick to up, left like in the manual, the board blinks, but still no lights. I am not really sure how to proceed from here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: New IBU2 Ultimate Question

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi Chris, sounds like there's something up with the wiring or the ports that the pins are put into on the 8 pin plug as the headlights and mg share one of the pins, check out the pic of the ibu2u wiring diagram below to see if yours are connected in the right order :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee. Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Christopher
Recruit

Post by Christopher »

That is probably it. For some reason I thought that was the schematic for the hull daughter board. Thank you! I will let you know how it works out.
Christopher
Recruit

Post by Christopher »

Ok so I checked the 8 pin connector and that is the order that the colored wires are in. The turret is an IR with recoil and a xenon flash if that makes a difference. Thank you in advance for any help.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Mmm :problem: the next step I would take would be to contact tankbear ( Ian ) who is a member on this site and the go to guy for all your ibu2u related items, he's a top fella and honestly one of the best vendors that I have come across providing a great service and help freely given, I'm sure you'll come up with the answer to your problem then :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Also. Although this probably seems a silly question, and as I don't know your electronic talents, I'm going for it. . . .

As it's only affecting the led's, are they wired the correct way around?

Is it possible that the polarities have been swapped somewhere in the circuitry?
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Christopher
Recruit

Post by Christopher »

Not a silly question at all. I followed the schematic provided by Taigen for recoil units. In the end i am sure it be some silly mistake I made. I will double check the wiring again, and contact Ian. Thank you again for all of the suggestions.
Christopher
Recruit

Post by Christopher »

Hello,
I just wanted to give everyone an update on the light situation. I talked to Ian like Model builder four suggested and Ian recommended that I try a spare of lights. Sure enough the spare lights worked. I don’t know how but I burned out the lights on the hull and the machine gun. I bought new lights and now everything has been sorted out. Thank you everyone for your help. The DKLM gears are amazing as is the IBU2 board. If you are on the fence about upgrading the electronics or the gears in your stock tank, I say go for it. It is a completely different level of control with the IBU2 board and the DKLM gears.

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”