IBU2 and DKLM GEAR Help

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Christopher
Recruit

IBU2 and DKLM GEAR Help

Post by Christopher »

Hello,
I have been following the forum since December. It has been a wealth of information as well as inspiration n. This is my first post. I bought my 1/16 rc tank in October of 2018 after coming across a video on YouTube video. After watching numerous more videos on Heng Long, Taigen, Tamiya, Mato, etc., I purchased a Heng Long Tiger 1 tank. I didn’t see how you could spend $500.00-$1000.00 on a tank.Well fast forward and the only part left of my Heng Long is the upper deck. I have replaced the lower hull, the turret, hatches, wheels, sprockets and idlers are metal Taigen parts. The tow cables, tools, air filters, lights, and machine gun are Mato metal parts. The tracks are metal Tamiya. The electronics are IBU2, and the gears are now DKLM. The not so surprising news’s is that I have spent more than I had planned, but the good news is now I have a complete Heng Long tank minus the upper hull to put together. After that long winded introduction I do need some help. My DKLM gears will not work once I put the tracks on them. Without the tracks the sprockets go forward, reverse, left, right, etc. Once I add the tracks the idlers won’t spin but the belt on the gears will continue to spin. Any type of resistance to the sprockets will cause the sprockets to stop, but the belt on the gears will still spin. I added extra links to the tracks thinking that they may be too tight. This didn’t work. Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Last edited by Christopher on Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: IBU2 and DKLM GEAR Help

Post by Ad Lav »

Dklm gear will not work with the IBU2 - you need an IBU3 or elmod Pro.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

If it's the ibu2u it will (the blue board)
Christopher
Recruit

Post by Christopher »

Yes it is the IBU2U board. So the gears won’t work with the board? The manual says that the board willl that you just need to change the setting to DKLM.
Christopher
Recruit

Post by Christopher »

I contacted RC electronics where I purchased the board , and they didn’t have an answer, but said that they use the DKLM ‘s with their tanks. I contacted Carson with DKLM so hopefully he can provide some insight. Thank you to all that have replied.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Depends if you have a base or pro ibu2u...

Only the pro version supports the clutch style gearboxes.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

When you say the belt on the gear do yo mean the belt in the DKLM PDSGB ? How can you see that since it is covered ? Did it ever work before ?

IBU2U Full option will work with DKLM, but not the Base version as per Ad Lav.

If you can take some pics that would be great. It could be that you have strip the drive belt but I have never seen that, the good news is you can replace them anyway.

MichaelC.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

You can see the belt moving through a gap in the cover. Sounds like a grub screw on the pulley has come loose and resistance is causing it to spin on the shaft. It’s an easy fix, pop the plastic covers off, check the grub screws are tightened and replace!
Christopher
Recruit

Post by Christopher »

I have to say I love this forum. Tomhugill, Carson from DKLM said that it was probably a loose grub screw and sure enough you were both correct. I tightened the screw and everything works as it should! Thank you again everyone for your help. I would not have figured it out on my own. On a final note I would just like to acknowledge the great after service care from Carson at DKLM and also RCTankelectronics. I mucked up my SD card and RC tank electronics responded quickly with a link to download a new card. If you need an IBU2 board do not hesitate to use RCTankelectronics, and if you are interested in the DKLM gears, their services are great as well. Thank you again everyone!
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

Now time to get that tank outside and tear up some dirt :thumbup:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Drammen Rock City

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”