Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
panzeranne
Recruit

I REALLY NEED SOME HELP

Post by panzeranne »

imgonline-com-ua-compressed-IkF7c5jc9Ti.jpg
imgonline-com-ua-compressed-OVAe93enXzp.jpg
Hi My name is Sharon Anne Taylor
I have been trying to figure out the wiring on my taigen tiger one turret but i really am not getting very far and i have spent most of the day looking at pictures and trying to figure out where on my IBU2U Board some of the turret wiring goes. I read the IBU2U manual over and over. now i just feel like a silly little girl.
I will try to post some pictures of what the problems are in the hope that someone with more Knowledge than me would be so kind as to help me with this problem I would be most appreciated . :{
imgonline-com-ua-compressed-OVAe93enXzp.jpg
Attachments
imgonline-com-ua-resize-eLbyIjB1fItBVVX.jpg
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: I REALLY NEED SOME HELP

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Quote you. "now i just feel like a silly little girl."

When it comes to these boards etc, that makes you and me both, along with at least half the forum members ;) :haha: :haha:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yip, me too. It might as well be Zwahili or voodoo magic !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

I've got 2 ibu2's, luckily both my tanks had been modified so that it was plug n play, I've no idea what was changed though, sorry
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hi, Anne. Is your tank IR or airsoft? The plug in your first photo looks like the triggerswitch (the two wire) and the other three wires should be for the IR receiver. Don't know about the IBU2U but the IBU2 and IBU2 Pro don't use the trigger switch. Have you spoken to Ian? His screen name escapes me but he's the guy behind rc tank electronics there in the UK. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Ian's forum name is Tankbear.
If you go to the bottom of the board index page. You will see all the different coloured "Legends." Click on the blue "Vendors" one and you will find a list of all our trusted forum vendors, including Ian/Tankbear :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

From what I remember, the IBU2U doesn't need the RVC its built in, just leave the jumper provided in the socket for the volume pot and assign the volume to a channel on the radio. I use channel 6.

I've installed many of these without many issues that couldn't be solved in a short time.

Hope this helps.

I'll look at your wiring diagram in a bit and see if I can make sense of it. :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Sharon the IR connector plugs into the board next to the 8 pin upper hull connector in your photo.

The other 5 pin plug goes into the other 5 pin connector on the opposite side of the board near the taigen bb servo recoil port.

Unlike the IBU2 you dont need to modify the taigen plugs to work with the IBU2U board.

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
panzeranne
Recruit

Post by panzeranne »

Many Thanks to you all for your help and feedback its really appreciate you guys.
One Quick question I will be using the FLYSKY FS-I6x Transmitter with the IBus Receiver and the IBU2U MotherBoard But would any of you Know how I should connect the IBU RVC Remote Sound Unit. As this should connect to One of the receivers channel servo plug sockets. Except The IBUS Receiver has no sockets !
Once again I thank you all for your help.
panzeranne
Recruit

Post by panzeranne »

c.rainford73 wrote:Sharon the IR connector plugs into the board next to the 8 pin upper hull connector in your photo.

The other 5 pin plug goes into the other 5 pin connector on the opposite side of the board near the taigen bb servo recoil port.

Unlike the IBU2 you dont need to modify the taigen plugs to work with the IBU2U board.

Carl
Thanks so much because this now makes sense even to me !
Although I am puzzled with the RVC unit, though Because I was told i needed to plug it in to a receiver channel sero port on my receiver except My Receiver is the Ibus and has no sockets to plug anything into....? I will be using the FLYSKY FS-i6x Transmitter unit and IBUS Receiver Unit.

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”