Help with IBU2U setup. No audio at all

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Scb67
Recruit

Help with IBU2U setup. No audio at all

Post by Scb67 »

Hey guys, I finally got my Torro Tiger 1 metal edition from Germany a few weeks ago. I had also ordered the ibu2u setup with the flysky controller, receiver and smoke generator and upgraded speaker/box from rctankelectroniocs. Installed the board and fired it up, then removed the green jumper....the led flashes quickly but there is no setup voice. Ive tried the original speaker and the updated one. I also changed to setting in the setup from 0 to 1 for the receiver as per instructions.....still no audio.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Scott
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Help with IBU2U setup. No audio at all

Post by MichaelC »

Scott,

Is there a SD card installed ? If there is no SD card there will be no sound. Although I believe the set-up voice should still be there. Make sure there is a volume control or a jumper for max volume.

MichaelC.
Scb67
Recruit

Post by Scb67 »

Yes, SD card is installed. I’ve tried it with the original volume pot and with the jumper and the original and new speakers....still no audio.

Thanks Michael for replying
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Not sure what speaker you're using, go into the sd card ini files and check the master volume setting. With an aftermarket speaker I set it at 70%, stock speaker like taigen i use 35% or the sound will null or crackle.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Scb67 wrote:Yes, SD card is installed. I’ve tried it with the original volume pot and with the jumper and the original and new speakers....still no audio.

Thanks Michael for replying
The only other thing I can think of other than a defective board or speaker issue is the sound files needs to be in the Tank directory which is different than IBU2. Before you can just copy the sound files to the root and the board will pick it up. Now you have to make sure there is sound files in the Tank sub directory.

The fact that there is no set-up voice instruction means it is either a defective board or speaker connection issue.

Sorry can't be much more help !
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Have you removed the green jumper to start the radio calibration process? Sorry if I've missed it if you've done so already

Scb67
Recruit

Post by Scb67 »

Already removed the green jumper. As soon as I remove the green jumper the light blinks quickly just like in the setup YouTube video....just no soundt at all
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Is the speaker wired correctly and in the correct port? Sometimes I mix them up I know it sounds crazy

Scb67
Recruit

Post by Scb67 »

Yep, tried the original speaker (that I know works) and the new speaker.

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”