IBU2U delayed control response?

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
wyvern
Private

IBU2U delayed control response?

Post by wyvern »

Hi,

I have been looking at upgrading my electronics in my KV-1 and was considering a IBU2U board (base probably) but heard in one thread that there is a delayed control response when you start manoeuvres but not whilst conducting them. I would imagine this would be pretty annoying especially in battling. Just wanted to check whether or not this is still a problem as it would rather put me off them.

Cheers

Guy
wyvern
Private

Re: IBU2U delayed control response?

Post by wyvern »

It seems someone has already done a video....

phpBB [video]
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I have several of these boards and have not had any delays as shown. You can change throttle and inertia curves.

https://youtu.be/53ss5wYXeXU
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

My panther has immediate drive response and brakes

On the IBU2U if you force the sticks quickly to full throttle in either direction it works like a neutral rev and my tank engine revs up and no drive as designed.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Inertia, biggest pain in the ass settings! Leave em off, tank responds instantly, zero delay.

Some like the inertia feature but for the life of me I can't see why.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Wyvern to remove inertia or indeed make adjustments to any part of the IBUs operation just remove the Micro-SD card from the IBU and put it into a card reader with a Micro card slot and put that into your puter where you can do pretty much what you want with the settings. :thumbup:
Last edited by jarndice on Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I've only had one ultimate, there was a slight delay to initial throttle response and once that was done, unless you stopped the tank it wouldnt exhibit the delay. This initial delay can't be turned off (source Ian of rctankelectrics) and was put in the protect the ESC. What richjohnson seems to show in the video is this coupled with inertia. But yes I couldn't battle with an ibu2ufo.
wyvern
Private

Post by wyvern »

Thanks for you responses guys - I am surprised that they put that delay in to protect the esc as the board afaik has re-settable fuses. Its the sort of thing that would annoy me if battling.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

tomhugill wrote:I've only had one ultimate, there was a slight delay to initial throttle response and once that was done, unless you stopped the tank it wouldnt exhibit the delay. This initial delay can't be turned off (source Ian of rctankelectrics) and was put in the protect the ESC. What richjohnson seems to show in the video is this coupled with inertia. But yes I couldn't battle with an ibu2ufo.
And then to make things worse, you can do what my grandson did, and accidentally turn on inertia overload.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”