IBU2U servo recoil burn out

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Docomar750
Private

IBU2U servo recoil burn out

Post by Docomar750 »

Hi all

Recently installed a IBU2U in to my HL Callenger 2 build, I have installed the Clark recoil and elevation unit but the board keeps burning out the recoil analogue servo wondering if any one else has experienced this?

Darren
tomhugill
Captain

Re: IBU2U servo recoil burn out

Post by tomhugill »

The boards not burning out the servo. Usually it's caused by the recoil not moving freely and not being able to return to the center position. Remove the servo, do the recoil move smoothly without anything catching?
Docomar750
Private

Post by Docomar750 »

Hi

It worked fine at first then started chattering and getting hot the second one worked twice perfectly fine then stopped and is non functional. So both times the recoil worked perfectly.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Docomar750 wrote:Hi

It worked fine at first then started chattering and getting hot the second one worked twice perfectly fine then stopped and is non functional. So both times the recoil worked perfectly.
It may look like it's working ok but if the servo can't reach its resting position it will stall and burn out.
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

is the recoil slider smoothly sanded ?

phpBB [video]

se from 0,13 sec
Drammen Rock City
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Hi Docomar I have burned out the servo circuit on an IBU , it was replaced quickly no hassle at all sorting it out. Moved over to Elmod pro boards , the servo circuit can take 1.5 amps. Use servos for gun , elevation and turret. I like changing stuff , a lot of playing about getting everything running well. Can be a nightmare a times setting up the servos. The setup with Elmod is nice , just fire up the tank plug the lead in and set the travel and speed of the servo on the computer :thumbup:

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”