How to configure the tank settings.

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: How to configure the tank settings.

Post by tomhugill »

The difficulty with the IBU3 is getting the software installed and the board communicating with the computer. The settings and interface are pretty good and clear.

Clark boards don't need to involve a computer at all.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: How to configure the tank settings.

Post by MichaelC »

The problem with the IBU3 set-up is that you will need to have an understanding of how USB port communicates on PCs, and if you have either older or newer PCs you need to then figure out the Microsoft Windows OS (i.e. Mac as well but I never installed the Mac interface). I happened to have a computer science degree and work with PCs all my life so it is easy, but can't imagine what it would be like if you don't know you way around a PC. My main point is actually there is a stiff learning curve form changing a text file on a SD card for IBU2 to trying to configure your PC's USB ports to talk to IBU3.

I personally believe that is the failure of IBU3 and hence the IBU2U release which retains the SD card configuration. I am a primary IBU guy, but having been a Clark guy for a long time, it is quite the contrast in terms of how to configure the board. Clark is pretty easy peasy, a Sony remote and you can change configuration on the fly in the middle of the field.

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”