An idiots guide to fitting an IBU2 board

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
davejay
Recruit

Re: An idiots guide to fitting an IBU2 board

Post by davejay »

Got my IBU2U base from Ian at RC Tank electronics yesterday amongst other goodies (my God are they good or what.......brilliant doesn't cover it!!)
Anyway, built a nice tray out of plasticard for the IBU (forgot to order one) wired in the basics as per instructions and went through the calibration set up all ok, put the IBU in, connected up the rest of the wiring i.e the eight pin connector, motor connections etc, then powered up the tx and rx and without warning the machine gun fired, tracks had a mind of their own (thankfully tank was raised of the ground), when going forward the speed was slow, fast in reverse, so I reversed the input on the tx but stayed the same. Turret would only traverse to the left and not right, barrel elevation worked off the traverse even though in calibration set up the elevation was inputted as left stuck up/down etc.

Head scratching and loads of YouTube searches later i worked out it was the tx and rx (even though binding was carried out successful) as I guy on you tube had the same issues with his HL T34 with a IBU2U base using a "radiolink" T4EU 6 channel tx and rx......... The same as my pile of cr@p.

So ordered a Flysky i6 10 channel 2.4ghz set, so hopefully success will prevail.

Anybody else had issues with Radiolink rubbish???

Apart from that, the sounds are fantastic on the IBU, just want to get rid of that horrendous track recoil!!!! (How do I do that???)

Cheers, Dave
Tanks for the memory?
tomhugill
Captain

Re: An idiots guide to fitting an IBU2 board

Post by tomhugill »

davejay wrote:Got my IBU2U base from Ian at RC Tank electronics yesterday amongst other goodies (my God are they good or what.......brilliant doesn't cover it!!)
Anyway, built a nice tray out of plasticard for the IBU (forgot to order one) wired in the basics as per instructions and went through the calibration set up all ok, put the IBU in, connected up the rest of the wiring i.e the eight pin connector, motor connections etc, then powered up the tx and rx and without warning the machine gun fired, tracks had a mind of their own (thankfully tank was raised of the ground), when going forward the speed was slow, fast in reverse, so I reversed the input on the tx but stayed the same. Turret would only traverse to the left and not right, barrel elevation worked off the traverse even though in calibration set up the elevation was inputted as left stuck up/down etc.

Head scratching and loads of YouTube searches later i worked out it was the tx and rx (even though binding was carried out successful) as I guy on you tube had the same issues with his HL T34 with a IBU2U base using a "radiolink" T4EU 6 channel tx and rx......... The same as my pile of cr@p.

So ordered a Flysky i6 10 channel 2.4ghz set, so hopefully success will prevail.

Anybody else had issues with Radiolink rubbish???

Apart from that, the sounds are fantastic on the IBU, just want to get rid of that horrendous track recoil!!!! (How do I do that???)

Cheers, Dave
Change the track recoil parameter to 0

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”