Inertia

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Colin.C
Recruit

Inertia

Post by Colin.C »

Hi.... Can someone explain in simple terms what the inertia setting does on the IBU2U please.. Can't find anything on youtube... TIA
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Inertia

Post by c.rainford73 »

Colin.C wrote:Hi.... Can someone explain in simple terms what the inertia setting does on the IBU2U please.. Can't find anything on youtube... TIA
Colin from my experience it changes the driving experience of the tank completely. I use it with some tanks and not with others. I personally like it as it mimmicks a heavy vehicle starting forward and revs up into gear slowly and it builds up inertia and the tank starts to accelerate gradually and slows down just the same.

For my really heavy tanks with the IBU like my JS-2 and my Jagdsturmtiger builds it is very cool. It's really a matter of driving preference. Sometimes I just shift it off and drive and move the sticks gradually to drive. With the setting you speak of, you can move the sticks full throttle forward and the acceleration is very slow and then gradually picks up speed.

Hope I haven't overwhelmed youImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Colin.C
Recruit

Post by Colin.C »

No thats perfectly clear to me.. Thankyou . I will give it a try later to see what its like.. I like scale looks and movements and these tanks don't fly off the start line so I will probably use it... I will let you know how it goes.. Thanks again....
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Just remember that the vehicle WILL NOT STOP as quickly! If you are in a tight space it's tricky to try to drive momentum, BE CAREFUL! I tried it but ran into stuff. Starting is ok but when you can't stop that's a problem IMHO.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

You can adjust the inertia curve as well. Also in order to counter the increase stopping distance, you can turn on the brake simulation which means that you can stop it on a dim if it is rolling as part of the inertia.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

MichaelC wrote:You can adjust the inertia curve as well. Also in order to counter the increase stopping distance, you can turn on the brake simulation which means that you can stop it on a dim if it is rolling as part of the inertia.

I did not know this perhaps it would have changed my mind about it. But thank you for sharing this information with us. :thumbup:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Yes pull the throttle stick back hard and the tank stops on a dime
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

c.rainford73 wrote:Yes pull the throttle stick back hard and the tank stops on a dime Image
WOW! Do I feel stupid.

Thank you for letting me and anyone else who didn't know that aware of this.
Colin.C
Recruit

Post by Colin.C »

Thanks guys for your help . I am at this moment trying it out... Fingers crossed...

It works great... Got it set on 4 but undecided between 3 and 4 .....
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Colin.C wrote:Thanks guys for your help . I am at this moment trying it out... Fingers crossed...

It works great... Got it set on 4 but undecided between 3 and 4 .....
Excellent news I'm happy to hear you figured it out. One of my favorite options on the IBU boards

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”