Taigen recoil

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Colin.C
Recruit

Taigen recoil

Post by Colin.C »

Hi... I'm having problems getting the recoil to work properly on my IBU2 ultimate full option board.. It goes back but doesn't come all the way out. The next fire make barrel come all the way out and stops there.. If I plug in the single wire to the negative contact the recoil goes off all on its own and keeps going till I unplug the wire again. Has anybody any ideas... If possible could someone run me through where the wires in the picture plug into on the IBU2 ultimate full option..TIA.
Attachments
11111111111111111111.jpg
11111111111111111111.jpg (31.47 KiB) Viewed 3517 times
easy8
Private

Re: Taigen recoil

Post by easy8 »

A 10 Ohm 2 Watts resistor placed is series to the positive line should work and fix the problem
theibuman
Private

Post by theibuman »

Hi Colin,
Assuming you have a mechanical recoil and not the airsoft unit :

The black single wire should be connected, if as you said the recoil wont stop the issue probably come from the EOT microswitch.
The setting on ibu2u.ini file as per line below :
;Mechanical recoil/airsoft setup
MrType=0;0=mechanical recoil, 1=mechanical airsoft
MrPulseTime=500;Duration recoil pulse, minimum value 100, maximum value 9999 (milliseconds) used only for recoil type 0

Allow to set the pulse time in recoil mode

If you have the airsof unit you only have to set MrType line to 1

Let me know...
Cheers
Ivano
Colin.C
Recruit

Post by Colin.C »

Cheers guys for the answers. I went with theibumans suggestion and it worked.. Thankyou....
theibuman
Private

Post by theibuman »

Hi Colin,

Fine, glad you fixed the issue but, (just in order to help other forum users who may run into same thing), which was the problem ?

Thanks
Ivano
Colin.C
Recruit

Post by Colin.C »

Hi.... In the ini file it was setup as airsoft unit .Changed it to mechanical and away it went.... Thanks again....
jiroskos
Recruit

Post by jiroskos »

Hello,
please help me.
Tank - Taigen King Tiger
IBU 2U.

;Recoil servo setup
RsDirection=0;0=normal, 1=reverse
RsReturnMode=0;0=linear, 1=logarithmic
RsRecoilTime=500;Barrel recoil speed, min value 100, max value 9999 (milliseconds)
RsReturnTime=1000;Barrel return speed, min value 100, max value 9999 (milliseconds)
RsMinPosition=1000;Minumum position value, minimum value 900, maximum value 1500 (milliseconds)
RsMaxPositon=2000;Maximum position value, minimum value 1600, maximum value 2100 (milliseconds)

but i have this GUN RECOIL SYSTEM
https://www.rctank.de/Tiger-I-gun-actio ... gun-holder

Gun recoil system is NOK with IBU2, but with Taigen electronic is OK.Where is the problem?
Thank you a happy new year.
Jiri
videolink
https://youtu.be/QA_HBcneW_8
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome and Happy New Year to you as well. Please take a brief moment to introduce yourself in our Introduction section so that we can better answer your questions. We ask this of every new member as a common forum courtesy. :thumbup:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

jiroskos wrote:Hello,
please help me.
Tank - Taigen King Tiger
IBU 2U.

;Recoil servo setup
RsDirection=0;0=normal, 1=reverse
RsReturnMode=0;0=linear, 1=logarithmic
RsRecoilTime=500;Barrel recoil speed, min value 100, max value 9999 (milliseconds)
RsReturnTime=1000;Barrel return speed, min value 100, max value 9999 (milliseconds)
RsMinPosition=1000;Minumum position value, minimum value 900, maximum value 1500 (milliseconds)
RsMaxPositon=2000;Maximum position value, minimum value 1600, maximum value 2100 (milliseconds)

but i have this GUN RECOIL SYSTEM
https://www.rctank.de/Tiger-I-gun-actio ... gun-holder

Gun recoil system is NOK with IBU2, but with Taigen electronic is OK.Where is the problem?
Thank you a happy new year.
Jiri
videolink
https://youtu.be/QA_HBcneW_8
I had issues with taigen recoil, the ibu doesn't use the limit switch and purely pulse length. The problem is that to get the recoil working right this needs to be spot on and as your battery drains it changes so every so many cycles your barrel gets stuck.

I have thought the best way might be to wire it up like a tamiya recoil and use the tamiya port. But I've not tried it
jiroskos
Recruit

Post by jiroskos »

Thank you! Elmod is better ? :(.

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”