IBU2U low sound level

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
minimivic
Private

Re: IBU2U low sound level

Post by minimivic »

is the speaker in a box, this can have an effect on volumes and performance.
The bigger the box the better it will perform.

I too have an IBU2U and FR7 speaker and its not over loud, i'd like some more output.
Forced into tanks by a 9 year old.
Taigen tiger1 metal edition, 4:1 gearbox, mako2017,tiger ring
Torro King tiger, with ibu2u, fr7 and tarr ibu edition.
Tamiya Tiger 1 ElMod pro,tarr, twin speakers.
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Re: IBU2U low sound level

Post by Jay-Em »

All the speakers are in a box. My older IBU’s have their visatons in a modified box in which some of my servo’s were sold. Airtight, and that type of box fits my bigger Leopard and Challenger.

Sadly the T-90 doesn’t have the space for a bigger speakerbox. Still, the same speakers that sound rather weak in the IBU2U equipped T-90 are plenty loud in the IBU2-pro and Clark TK equipped other tanks.

The only thing that can be said for the IBU2U, is that the sounds sound a bit more hi-fidelity. A little better definition in the highs, it seems.

EDIT :

Well, I sourced a couple of 5 x 5cm Visaton FRWS-5 -4 Ohm 5Watt with 10Watt peak- speakers, and built a speaker housing out of the hard plastic box my Sabertooth controller came in.

Turns out that little box fits EXACTLY between the battery housing and the IBU2Uin the mid-section of the T-90, and is also low enough to leave some space for the -now gutted- gun housing (took out the pea-shooter, to put a recoil system in it at a later date. Only has a LED-flash, for now.) A couple of minutes of drilling holes, fitting, glueing and soldering, and I got me a good sounding, nicely low growling little speaker. Still not as loud as the Clark, or the old IBU2’s, but loud enough for now.

Kept the IBU at 80%. That seems to be the golden ticket for the Visatons.

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”