Not really plug and play.

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Not really plug and play.

Post by Norton1 »

I can't even get mine to calibrate. It says to check the ini file for something or another. I plugged everything in - was that wrong? The chinese directions aren't clear on that aspect of it. I switched the two wires on the 8 pin unit like the destructions said to.

So what the hell is supposed to be plugged in before calibration?

Thanks - Steve
King Tiger, Panzer "G" model, Tiger 1, and one little Sherman.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Not really plug and play.

Post by tomhugill »

Only thing needs to be plugged in for the calibration is the reciver and a power supply. Did you have the receiver plugged in correctly and bound? Is the SD card plugged in properly? Is the reciver showing as receiving a signal? A video showing what your doing.

As an aside no aftermarket electrics are purely plug and play but the IBU is as close as it gets, I'm not sure what you mean by Chinese instructions either, ivanos Italian and they're pretty well written.
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

Well I finally got it to tell me to begin calibration. I did as it asked - and other than a very slow turret turn and a little noise on the firing it doesn't do much of anything. I did figure out what the little green thing and the spring was for. I opened up the control box and it goes in as a centering unit for the left joystick. Nice of them to put a note in saying that would need to be done.

And I watched the video - pretty much did the same as that thing and still nothing. I moved the brown and yellow wires as the instructions said to - still nothing is working. And nothing in the destructions about binding or how to do it if it needed it.

So far the stock HL stuff worked way better, was simpler, and did as stated with instructions from the chinese that actually made some sense.

All I have wanted is the terible recoil when the gun fired to go away. $300 + later and I have literally nothing but a hole in my bank account.
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

And being a 6 channel thing it has no function to start the tank. The top 2 switches are not programmable. At least in this thing it isn't.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

If you've got noise on firing and turret rotation your boards working.

https://www.rctankelectronics.com/uploa ... ntrols.pdf

Those are the controls, to start the engines down and right on the left stick I believe.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

With my second Ibu2pro I had similar problems. Did the binding several times. In the end I found that the manufacturer had given me a connector cable from the reciever that was plugged into the connector in the wrong order.

Also, you can use the options in your radio to tell it which switch is on which channel. I have a basic FlySky 6 channel radio and satarting of the engine is on one turning knob as standard. Although engine start is only a switch option. So I channeled CH5 to a mere on/off switch.

And as Tom said. It is as plug and play as it gets.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Norton1 wrote:And being a 6 channel thing it has no function to start the tank. The top 2 switches are not programmable. At least in this thing it isn't.
Load the SD card, go into the ini files and you can set what switch on your radio operates the engine on off and such. On my turnigy 9xr radio I have channel 5 a toggle switch on off and channel 6 is a rotary knob volume pot
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

OK - 2 Zanex and a night's sleep are allowing me to attempt this thing again. Mr. Rainford sent me an additional set of instructions that may make this work easier. I think the slow turret with the motor off is because they would have been turning the turret by hand instead of with power. And it doesn't shoot regularly. But maybe that is because it takes time to reload with the new setup.

I'm printing off the new destructions - off to Wally World for some ink as the printer decided mine was out at the crucial juncture where I needed color - one of those days - gag me with a pitchfork Mother -

Be well,
Steve
minimivic
Private

Post by minimivic »

The ibu2u has been a learning curve.
Once you understand how to change the ini file it’s quite straight forward.
I did end up changing left and right motor wires over before it drove correctly (still can’t work it out).
Gun has a reload time.
The changing of sounds is way more fun. :D
Forced into tanks by a 9 year old.
Taigen tiger1 metal edition, 4:1 gearbox, mako2017,tiger ring
Torro King tiger, with ibu2u, fr7 and tarr ibu edition.
Tamiya Tiger 1 ElMod pro,tarr, twin speakers.
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

Reloading time depends heavily on the type of tank chosen in the .ini . I usually choose “medium” because “heavy” takes at least 6 seconds between shots and reload sounds, if not longer.

Buttons/dials/knobs and their functions must be specificaly chosen in the ini. Added to that the transmitter itsèlf must be configured to use the flip-switches or the dials for specific functions in its own menu. At least with my flysky’s and Turnigy i6 it’s like that.
I set the VRB (channel 6) knob to motor start and VRA (channel5) knob to volume. I detèst having motor start somewhere on one of the sticks like Clark has. So that’s always the first thing I adapt.

All it takes is a bit of patience, and careful reading of the .ini, ànd the manual provided on the IBU’s flash card, ànd the manual of the transmitter (not unimportant) because some settings on the Flysky/turnigy 6-channel transmitters are buried in a menu.

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”