IBU2U basic driving and Q's

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
minimivic
Private

IBU2U basic driving and Q's

Post by minimivic »

Had the IBU2U now in a Torro King tiger since Christmas and mainly happy with the way it performs except the way the tank drives.
Today we went to the BAD meet and drove Clark, Elmod and Tamiya equipt tanks, they all drive different but still better than the IBU KT.

The basics are you have to throttle up very carefully before anything will happen, by the time you turn or move you have been shot.
But it also doesn't like turning at the same time as moving (stick diagonally), stationary it turns ok.
My gearbox and drive setting for reference:

GbType=0;0=Standard, 1=Clutch (Tamiya/DKLM)
GbCurrent=15;Value range 10 - 20 (Ampere) set current treshold for motor cut-off
GbSuperspin=60;Value range 1 - 100 (%) set superspin speed
GbMinPowerLeft=10;Value range 1 - 100 (%) set minimum power feed to left gearbox motor / Tamiya-DKLM steer left-right
GbMaxPowerLeft=80;Value range 1 - 100 (%) set maximum power feed to left gearbox motor / Tamiya-DKLM steer left-right
GbMinPowerRight=10;Value range 1 - 100 (%) set minimum power feed to left gearbox motor / Tamiya-DKLM forward-reverse
GbMaxPowerRight=80;Value range 1 - 100 (%) set maximum power feed to right gearbox motor / Tamiya-DKLM forward-reverse
GbReverse=80;Value range 1 - 100 (%) set reverse speed
TrackRecoilTime=10;Value range 1 - 1000 (milliseconds) set track recoil duration
TrackRecoilSpeed=10;Value range 1 - 100 (%) set track recoil speed
TrackRecoilDirection=0;0=normal, 1=reverse set track recoil direction
BrakeSimulation=1;0=normal, 1=brake simulation

We changed most of these today with various forum members input, but didnt get it any better.
FlySKY is6 transmitter and I have re calibrated lots of time.

Also is there any IR hit/Kill indicator like track movement, its hard to tell if the tank has been hit.
Any suggestions or help?
Forced into tanks by a 9 year old.
Taigen tiger1 metal edition, 4:1 gearbox, mako2017,tiger ring
Torro King tiger, with ibu2u, fr7 and tarr ibu edition.
Tamiya Tiger 1 ElMod pro,tarr, twin speakers.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: IBU2U basic driving and Q's

Post by MichaelC »

I think what you are after is quick response from the motor, so couple of settings you can play with:

InertiaInit=0;0=Inertia OFF, 1=Inertia ON (at start up)

Inertial should be turn off and should also disable it on the stick function just in case you accidentally turn it on. This will address the throttle response time.

GbSuperspin=50;Value range 1 - 100 (%) set superspin speed

Super spin you should make it out to 100%. It will help with your turning speed as well.

BrakeSimulation=1;0=normal, 1=brake simulation

I would also turn off brake simulation as well.

When you get hit you should be able to see the indicator light flash. I am not too sure if IBU2U's tank shake when it get s hit is the same as the firing the gun.

If you do this your tank will run more like a race car than a tank. Not much for simulation but at least you will be able to battle others who are set the same non realistic way.

MichaelC.
minimivic
Private

Post by minimivic »

First, I want a realistic driving tank, otherwise I would have kept the Torro MFU, but this is almost un-drivable.

Inertia, I have tried both settings with very little if any noticeable difference between them.

Super spin at 100% just turns on the spot very fast but doesn't help with the overall driving ie forwards and right at the same time.

Brake simulation works and I have tried both, none of these alter the driving characteristics.

Havent noticed the light flash so will check that out.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

As I said before the ibu2UFO has a delay to all control inputs this can't be turned off. I like a lot of things about the ibu2UFO but this is the reason I don't use them. They can be driven realistically but takes practice. Battling on the other hand is more difficult. Once you're underway there's no delay.
minimivic
Private

Post by minimivic »

Tom,
Thanks and confirms it’s not broken just needs careful driving.
3 people who drove it at the weekend were very surprised at how it drove. 1 had experience of an IBU PRO and said that drove fine.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I've no idea why they made it so it couldn't be turned off.

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”