Delays on IBU2U

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Lotuswins
Recruit

Re: Delays on IBU2U

Post by Lotuswins »

Okay, set track recoil speed to 50%, track recoil time to 10 milli seconds....recoil was more pronounced but still have delay. Set it to 100%/10 ms and it gave me an overcurrent warning (3 light flashes repeated). Tank really moved then, but still has delay.

Where do my settings differ from yours?? can you post your .ini file for comparison?

thanks, Jerry
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Lotuswins wrote:Okay, set track recoil speed to 50%, track recoil time to 10 milli seconds....recoil was more pronounced but still have delay. Set it to 100%/10 ms and it gave me an overcurrent warning (3 light flashes repeated). Tank really moved then, but still has delay.

Where do my settings differ from yours?? can you post your .ini file for comparison?

thanks, Jerry
Jerry I'll send you a pm tonight
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Jerry here's where I'm setup for track recoil.

Pictures attached

In your ini files I see you have brake simulation on. I don't have that set on any of my IBU2U boards.

With your settings I did not have any noticeable delay on the recoil of the barrel or tracks ImageImage
Lotuswins
Recruit

Post by Lotuswins »

Thanks Carl, I tried removing the brake, no luck. I'll try the board in another tank to see if its something to do with the antenna/reception this being a partially metal tank. I've switched receivers once already so that isn't it, but maybe something is distorting or attenuating the signal causing the delay. I know, really slim....Jerry
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Jerry is the airsoft setup you are running with the relay the possible source? Could you possibly connect a servo to the servo recoil port on the IBU and see if the recoil servo is initialized immediately or with a delay just for a test before you investigate the radio?

I have a full metal Sturmtiger with an IBU and no reception issues :thumbup:
Lotuswins
Recruit

Post by Lotuswins »

Hi Carl,

I tried putting the board on the bench, still have the delay. It is the worst when it is first turned on, then will get slightly better as it goes, sometimes it actually is near where it should be then it reverts. Now I notice that I get two flashes (low battery) when I turn on the smoker. Turn off the smoker, no flashing lights. Run the tank on the carpet with turns, no low voltage alarm...turn on the smoker, and bingo, two flashes continuously. I'm running a 4600mah lipo....so it shouldn't get a low voltage alarm until, like, forever!..... I'll try the servo to the recoil servo port to see if it beats out the cannon, then to perhaps a blank servo port on the receiver to see the difference?

jerry.
Lotuswins
Recruit

Post by Lotuswins »

Carl,

Servo off the servo port is with everything else (recoil/sound) and has a delay.......I didn't try the servo into the receiver as its way down in there...maybe later.

jerry
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Jerry are you running a Tarr smoker that's the IBU style? With seperate heating port and fan plug?

That low voltage warning is quite interesting. ( with the smoker plugged in).

I'm curious to see if when you fire the main gun (servo) if it's immediate or delayed.

Can you try a different smoke unit just to check? I doubt it's a smoker issue but worth a shot to narrow this down.

Not to be silly but is your battery good? I've had brand new lipo batteries that I swore were perfect turned out to be duds. Simple swap to check if guess.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Jerry try to send Ivano at IBU an email. Tell him about your situation. I had a problem once over the summer and he helped me out fast Image

Where did you source the board?

info@ibu-electronics.com
Lotuswins
Recruit

Post by Lotuswins »

Thanks Carl, I'll email Ivano. I'm not running a TARR, but a V2 Taigen smoker. Battery is a year or better old shorty that I used to race with (100C) so I don't think that is an issue....since it will run the tank fine with no alarms under heavy loads. No, its connected to the smoker circuit I am sure. Perhaps I should reupdate the board, and see if that helps. I sourced the board from Ian at RCTankElectronics.

thanks again, Jerry

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”