• Advertisement
Welsh Dragon Models

I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! (Ibu2 Ultimate [base versio)

Postby FLAMEDRON599 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:38 pm

So ive installed the motherboard in the tank setup the remote to the tank.

it all works but what doesn't is the movement and engine sounds.

I cannot for the love of GOD get them to work and I cannot find anything useful on these forums or on youtube!

So if anyone has an idea of how i can fix this it would be great.

Remember the sound files have not been altered, the connections have proven to work and the ibu2u.ini file hasnt been touch all from the factory.

FLAMEDRON599
Recruit

Postby tomhugill » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:45 pm

Have you been through the calibration process? Is the elevation and rotation working? What radio are you using and have you made sure you have a fully charged battery?

tomhugill
Lieutenant

Postby Model Builder 4 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:53 pm

Ian ( tankbear) helped me through the process of setting up my ibu2 recently, I was also having trouble starting the motors on mine, it didn't startup with the normal left stick down to the bottom left hand corner so I played about with a few different combinations with the sticks and it started when both sticks were held in their bottom right hand corners, I was using a planet t5 tx at the time. As Tom said above make sure you have done the stick calibrations first :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Model Builder 4
Corporal

Postby MichaelC » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:59 pm

Model Builder 4 wrote:Ian ( tankbear) helped me through the process of setting up my ibu2 recently, I was also having trouble starting the motors on mine, it didn't startup with the normal left stick down to the bottom left hand corner so I played about with a few different combinations with the sticks and it started when both sticks were held in their bottom right hand corners, I was using a planet t5 tx at the time. As Tom said above make sure you have done the stick calibrations first :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.

I think you need to do both what Lee said and also Tom said. You definitely need to go thru the calibration process first, and then check the ini file to see what engine start-up is mapped to (i.e. upper left or somewhere else).

MichaelC.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Max-U52 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:37 pm

I run my IBUs with throttle and steering on right stick and turret on left, and all my boards use left stick upper right to start engine. Down right is lights, down left is smoke and upper left is momentum.
Max-U52
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby tomhugill » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:05 pm

The brilliant thing with the ibu2u is once you've calibrated it the stick commands should be as per manual as it maps the correct function to the channel you want, rather than having to swap reciver plugs around to get things where you want them.

If you can successfully calibrate it then that rules out most of the other possible issues like faulty reciver leads. Let us know how you get on.

tomhugill
Lieutenant

Postby c.rainford73 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:33 pm

How have you done with the board? Have you solved the problem with the engine start? I've two of these boards and they are fantastic. Once you figure out the sticks direction you should be set

Cheers

Carl
c.rainford73
2nd Lieutenant

Return to IBU2 / IBU3