IBU3. Tank shuts down turning on carpet.

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Despotes
Recruit

IBU3. Tank shuts down turning on carpet.

Post by Despotes »

is it normal for the tank to turn itself off when attempting to turn on the carpet? I never had that issue using the stock Taigen motherboard in this Jagd (Same new battery). Only on the IBU3 does my Jagd really struggle to turn on carpet 'til it eventually gives up and I hear the Engine Off activated. :S

Update: The battery voltage remained constant at 7.4 volts as it completed about a 90 degree spin then shut itself down. :thumbdown:
Another Update: Put the stock Taigen motherboard back in with same battery and the tank spins on carpet no problem. RMA'ing from the USA back to the UK is a PITA.
Despotes
Recruit

Re: IBU3. Tank shuts down turning on carpet.

Post by Despotes »

Wow. Not much going on over here. :wtf:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Despotes wrote:Wow. Not much going on over here. :wtf:
You need to up the current limit, default is 10a I think. With a big hefty tank like that you'll be drawing more current
Last edited by tomhugill on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Yup. Especially if the engine sound shuts down as well. Just IBU3 self preservation to prevent burnt out.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

What Tom said. Also is the board set for lipo or non lipo batteries? If you're using a non lipo battery while the board is set up to run lipos the current draw may be kicking in the lipo protection and shutting itself off.
Despotes
Recruit

Post by Despotes »

Nimh. Already maxed at 20. Everything set accordingly.
It has an extremely hard time simply making a gentle turn while moving forward on carpet. Static is also getting worse mostly revving and some driving. Revving is horrid.
EMI increase the higher the motor strain cause a shutdown?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Despotes wrote:Nimh. Already maxed at 20. Everything set accordingly.
It has an extremely hard time simply making a gentle turn while moving forward on carpet. Static is also getting worse mostly revving and some driving. Revving is horrid.
EMI increase the higher the motor strain cause a shutdown?
Hi thereImage Where did you purchase the IBU3 from? I'm assuming it's brand new. I know Ian ( Mr Tankbear) here on the forum is our resident IBU expert. Mr Maxmekker on The forum is also an electronics guru. I'm sure someone here can help you out with this.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Despotes
Recruit

Post by Despotes »

I fully charged the original new battery again and noticed it took a lot more to get it to shut down. I did a few 360's on the carpet and only stalled it once spinning in the grass. Would this indicate a battery issue or a much too sensitive low amp/voltage protection circuit? Do I need to run a 3s lipo to keep it from shutting down? lol
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Despotes wrote:I fully charged the original new battery again and noticed it took a lot more to get it to shut down. I did a few 360's on the carpet and only stalled it once spinning in the grass. Would this indicate a battery issue or a much too sensitive low amp/voltage protection circuit? Do I need to run a 3s lipo to keep it from shutting down? lol
Is the battery a lipo or NiMh pack that you are currently running? Sounds like a silly question but the board has to be setup for the right battery.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I've also had a few new ( original) packs turn into duds trying to run an Ibu2 or a Clark board. I now switch everything to LiPo's or larger high quality NiMh packs

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”