Ibu2 start up ?

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Ibu2 start up ?

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Afternoon all,

A little while ago I purchased a kv2 with an ibu2 installed from a fellow member on the site, I've now finally got around to taking a look at it. It was all apparently set up but I'm new to these electronics and unsure how to start the tank with the ibu2, I'm using a planet t5 tx/rx which I have already been using on my sherman so I know they both work fine. I turned the tank on and I get a steady flashing green light on the board and the tanks headlight is on but no other sound or movement, I know this question may have been asked lots of times but I'd be grateful of any help, I know you have to do something with the number #8 dip but I'm unsure how or when or if the other switches need to be on or off :crazy:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Re: Ibu2 start up ?

Post by Tankbear »

Hi Lee,

When ever you connect a new radio to IBU2 you should do the radio to IBU2 configuration as this teaches the IBU2 the limits of each channel for the radio been used.

So turn on radio, then tank, wait for receiver LED to go solid, flick dipswitch #8 to on, wiggle sticks in all directions to the furthest points. If you’ve a Pro version also activate the switch/knobs controlling channels 5&6. Turn dip switch#8 off, turn tank off turn radio off.

Turn radio on, tank on and you should be done.

Then you might have to reverse some channels on the radio to get the correct actions.

From first power up you will have all functions apart from driving, until you start the engine. If radio is setup like a heng long to start engine you normally hold the left stick down right for 5 seconds, if a Pro version flick radio switch on channel 5.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Hi Ian thanks for the reply, sorry for sounding like a total noob but should all the other switches ie1-7 be in the off position while configuring ? Also should the sticks be moved individually or both together, thanks for the help,

Lee.
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Sticks I normally do left stick up then rotate clockwise all way round then same on right stick. Order doesn't matter.

Dip switches, depend on your tank but none of them should effect anything in the calibration process.

Latest manual which explains the dip switch selection is available here

http://www.rctankelectronics.com/download.html

Ian
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks Ian :thumbup:

Lee.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Well there's a bit more life but not a lot ??? The left stick is just traversing the turret and the right stick when moved downwards just makes the speaker crackle :wtf: no other movements, sounds or startup :'(

Lee.
EddyK
Sergeant

Post by EddyK »

One more time:

I had a lot of trouble with IBU while its installation. I wrote to Ivano, who produced it and his advice was to go through joystick calibration process very carefully. He send me instructions, too.
And after that my board worked as it should.
There's these instructions:

Anyway let’s go step by step …
For the moment we start as a 4 channel board :

Remove all cables from rx to ibu
Connect the rx cable corresponding to the stick (x or y axis) you want to use as throttle to ibu2 channel 1 (you can use a servo to identify the rx output)
Connect the rx cable corresponding to the stick (x or y axis) you want to use as steering to ibu2 channel 2 (you can use a servo to identify the rx output)
Connect the rx cable corresponding to the stick (x or y axis) you want to use as barrel elevation to ibu2 channel 3 (you can use a servo to identify the rx output)
Connect the rx cable corresponding to the stick (x or y axis) you want to use as traverse to ibu2 channel 4 (you can use a servo to identify the rx output)

Flip dip-switch 5 to off
Power on the tank
Flip dip switch 8 to on
Calibrate the radio (hold the sticks in every corner for 5 seconds)
Flip the dip switch 8 to off
Power off the tank
Power on the tank
Now the basic function should work

P.S.: the battery should be fully charged
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks Eddy :thumbup: I've got the gun elevation working and also the recoil, there is a slight gear movement and speaker crackle while holding down the right stick but still no start up, I have put the battery on charge now just to make sure and will try it again then,

Cheers, Lee.
Del
Corporal

Post by Del »

Hi Lee
Sounds like your having fun.
You may not be getting the start up with the stick held down in the corner as per the ibu manual due to a channel needing reversing.(you may just be turning inertia or the lights on and off)
Try holding the stick in all corners to see if you find the start sequence.
Shame your not closer as a 5 minute eye on it would probably solve it.

When I calibrated both of mine I just moved the left stick up,down,left then right and repeated that on the left.
Hope you get it sorted cos you will love the way the board drives.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

When you say holding the stick down, on mine I have to push the left stick down and then move it to the lower right corner, and hold it there a couple of seconds until the tank starts.

If the channels are not in the correct places on the rx, then the stick position will not be recognised by the board, and the tank won't start.

If any channels are reversed then the start position will be in a different place, so try pushing the stick into each corner and holding it there for a few seconds. If it doesn't start on left stick bottom right, then the transmitter/channels are incorrectly configured, which wiil also affect all of the other tank functions.

It sounds like the board, the transmitter, and the receiver are all ok, it is the channels that may not be in the right places. Also check that the plugs are connected to the receiver the right way around. If you could post up a close up pic of the plugs on the board and the plugs on the receiver, then someone with a Planet tx will be able to spot whether yours is plugged in correctly.

One other thing to check is whether your transmitter is in mode 1 or mode 2. Underneath the back panel there is a switch, details are in the Planet manual.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”