Can't calibrate Ibu2 pro

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
ra272
Recruit

Can't calibrate Ibu2 pro

Post by ra272 »

Hello, I have recently bought an Ibu 2 pro from rctankelectronics, and I can't get it to work at all.
I have all 4 rx wire connected to the board, volume control, power, speaker.

-tx power on (Spektrum DX7S)
-Ibu2 power on (green light blinking slowly on the board), short elevation sound.
-the RX bind light is on (Spektrum Ar400), rx has been checked with servos and work properly.

Put the dip switch 8 to ON, move sticks in all directions, then pull back the switch 8 to off.... nothing . :S

I tried 50 times, with different batteries, with an other radio (Futaba T7j, R2106GF Fhss).

At One time, I've had the elevation, MG, gun sound on chanel 2 working, but then I tried to recalibrate and I lost it... :crazy:

Here is a picture:

Tankbear
Lieutenant

Re: Can't calibrate Ibu2 pro

Post by Tankbear »

Few things to check first.

Is the tank and radio turned on and bind to each before turning on dip switch 8?

If only using in 4 channel mode dip switch 6 must be off otherwise you cannot start the engine.

Also check the battery is fully charged and dip switches 4 & 7 are correctly selected.

I also turn the tank and radio off after configuration, not always necessary but some radios it helps.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
EddyK
Sergeant

Post by EddyK »

Hi!
I had a lot of trouble with IBU while its installation. I wrote to Ivano, who produced it and his advice was to go through joystick calibration process very carefully. He send me instructions, too.
And after that my board worked as it should.
There's these instructions:

Anyway let’s go step by step …
For the moment we start as a 4 channel board :

Remove all cables from rx to ibu
Connect the rx cable corresponding to the stick (x or y axis) you want to use as throttle to ibu2 channel 1 (you can use a servo to identify the rx output)
Connect the rx cable corresponding to the stick (x or y axis) you want to use as steering to ibu2 channel 2 (you can use a servo to identify the rx output)
Connect the rx cable corresponding to the stick (x or y axis) you want to use as barrel elevation to ibu2 channel 3 (you can use a servo to identify the rx output)
Connect the rx cable corresponding to the stick (x or y axis) you want to use as traverse to ibu2 channel 4 (you can use a servo to identify the rx output)

Flip dip-switch 5 to off
Power on the tank
Flip dip switch 8 to on
Calibrate the radio (hold the sticks in every corner for 5 seconds)
Flip the dip switch 8 to off
Power off the tank
Power on the tank
Now the basic function should work

P.S.: the battery should be fully charged
ra272
Recruit

Post by ra272 »

EddyK wrote:Hi!
I had a lot of trouble with IBU while its installation. I wrote to Ivano, who produced it and his advice was to go through joystick calibration process very carefully. He send me instructions, too.
And after that my board worked as it should.
There's these instructions:

Anyway let’s go step by step …
Flip dip-switch 5 to off
Power on the tank
Flip dip switch 8 to on
Calibrate the radio (hold the sticks in every corner for 5 seconds)
Flip the dip switch 8 to off
Power off the tank
Power on the tank
Now the basic function should work

P.S.: the battery should be fully charged
THANK YOU !!!! :clap:

After tried to hold every corner for 10 seconds, I managed to have 3 channel working properly. I tried 4 or five times with no luck on channel one (throttle), then I retry in a different order ( holding channel one at the end this time) and finally everything works!! :D

Again thank you!!

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”