IBU3 Review

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: IBU3 Review

Post by Ad Lav »

Nice review Paul.

Does look and sound/drive well from the demonstrations you gave me on there challenger 2.

These boards have come on leaps and bounds.

Looking forward to trying the IBU 2 pro in my Leopard 1.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Paul a brilliant exposition perhaps you should be getting commission because my reluctance to upgrade is certainly giving way to thinking which will be my next board rather than the near certainty to buy another IBU2/PRO. :think:
I do like the labelling of each plug and socket. :thumbup:
And It would appear that I will have no further use for my Vipers.

Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Great review Paul, this bored its becoming being more and more tempting! Did you set this up with your 9XR Tx?
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
Big N00b
Recruit

Post by Big N00b »

Paul,

Great review, looking forward to your follow-on comments on the board/setup.

Shaun, I can tell you that the Viper will still work if you want to connect it (for ole times sake :S ) but this is definitely a good case of "less is better" now.

As soon as my i10 gets back from the shop, I will comment on setup via that TX - initially though, as straight forward as the 9x I used while the i10 in shop...btw, I am a n00b at this, so that says a lot for the board/firmware!! :D

Terry
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Does anyone know if using my "USBASP" plugged into my Turnigy 9X and my windows 7 computer I could download any relevant info for the IBU 3 ? or is that a red herring.
Shaun.
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

Awsome Write up man, really good photos to.

Looking FW to the Next steps
Drammen Rock City
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

jarndice wrote:Does anyone know if using my "USBASP" plugged into my Turnigy 9X and my windows 7 computer I could download any relevant info for the IBU 3 ? or is that a red herring.
Shaun.
Shaun,

With the USBASP you can connect the radio to the computer, then flash firmware, load transmitter configurations to the radio etc. I do have templates (created by Paul) for the IBU2 base and pro, but these should already be installed in the radio.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Thank you Ian,
Having seen how flexible the TX9 is I was going to leave it alone, but I am now toying with getting a second hand TX9 to input all the good downloads that you and Paul come up with.
I shall keep my Spectrum DX6i for my Aircraft but since the arrival of my TX9 from you I now have a redundant barely used Turnigy 6XS plus Receivers that I may use to finance that purchase.
Shaun.
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Great review dude, this is really useful, can't wait for the next part and how it drives! Am going there's a video!
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Yes, Yes, Yes, This is all very well but it is costing me a fortune in printer paper and ink.
Thank you Paul for changing the language of the instruction manual into words and pictures that can be understood by a total newcomer to our hobby.
Shaun.

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”