IBU2 install

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
ONeal
Private

IBU2 install

Post by ONeal »

Hello all! Been a while since I posted. Had to send the IBU2 off to be replaced. It blew Mosfets. It is now 3 months later and I'm attempting to get the Tiger going. this is what's been done: battery charged, green lite on, traverse sound when battery hooked up, #8 switch and toggles synced. Tank does nothing! I have the transmitter that came with board.
It's Sunday morning here in Alabama ....hope to get things squared away. Any advice, pointers, assistance, guidance is greatly appreciated!!

Should the red light on receiver be on? Thanks, O'Neal
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: IBU2 install

Post by jackalope »

Did you push the left stick to start it up?

What transmitter do you have?
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Well alrighty then.

Ok so double check that your transmitter batteries are contacting all their contacts. I've found sometimes the metal tabs get bent and a battery doesn't contact.

After you check this don't forget the IBU2 needs to be "started up".

Best of luck and I hope this helps.
ONeal
Private

Post by ONeal »

Jackalope, by "start up" did you mean going into sd card files? If so. I did and selected/pasted Tiger as the one. Changed out transmitter batteries before I began this adventure it was showing orange. Still nothing. I've been fooling with this altogether 7 months. Tank has ran ...maybe... 1 hour without issues. Fried 1st board, mosfets blown on second. Really hoping 3rd time was the charm! I remember reading about the difficulties you had with your King soooo there is a little light flickering in the tunnel. Tankbear is on hiatus for a couple of weeks perhaps he'll have some input.
Thanks for helping O'Neal
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

No by start it up I mean pull the left stick backwards to the like the 4 o'clock position. The IBU2 needs to "start" or the tank won't move.

When everything is on can you turn the turret? Elevate the gun? Anything?
ONeal
Private

Post by ONeal »

no, it does not start. It's going to be something really simple I'm just at a loss.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Did you try re-binding?
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Jake79 »

I have the same problem with two of mine and one also has the tx that came with the board..I've tried on my Planet tx's with no luck , I'd given up hope on my two until I saw this thread. It certainly takes some of the fun out the hobby ...to me it seem's like it's a binding problem but after trying with three different tx's and different rx's I'm at loss..good luck mate, hope you get this sorted.

Jake
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Ian is on holiday, give him a chance to respond when he has his laptop. I'm sure he'll be able to get both of yours figured out and working.
silverexpress01
Recruit

Post by silverexpress01 »

ONeal wrote:Hello all! Been a while since I posted. Had to send the IBU2 off to be replaced. It blew Mosfets. It is now 3 months later and I'm attempting to get the Tiger going. this is what's been done: battery charged, green lite on, traverse sound when battery hooked up, #8 switch and toggles synced. Tank does nothing! I have the transmitter that came with board.
It's Sunday morning here in Alabama ....hope to get things squared away. Any advice, pointers, assistance, guidance is greatly appreciated!!

Should the red light on receiver be on? Thanks, O'Neal
O'Neal,

Out of curiousity, what caused it to blow the mosfets?

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”