IBU3

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
atcttge
Sergeant

Re: IBU3

Post by atcttge »

I just noticed that I asked about the GSU in April and July, with a month between. It's August now and next week it'll be September. I hope you're still patient with me when I ask "GSU...?"

:D

The GSU will be my reason to pull the trigger for the IBU3 hehehehe
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

NeXT in line as I'm to belive from the US vendor
Drammen Rock City
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

atcttge wrote:I just noticed that I asked about the GSU in April and July, with a month between. It's August now and next week it'll be September. I hope you're still patient with me when I ask "GSU...?"

The GSU will be my reason to pull the trigger for the IBU3 hehehehe
I'm told I should have a version to test in September, so looking forward to it.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
theibuman
Private

Post by theibuman »

Hi Tankers ....

Yes, i know, we're late than planned for the TBSU but we are now fine tuning the servo control for both traverse and barrel.
Furthermore we are trying to give users the ability to use the stock HL traverse DC gearbox (and avoid the mod on the upper hull), quite tricky to do.
So far not sure that this last feature will be available or not since the stock DC gearbox is slow (and some slower than others) and the result is quite not realistic.
For the barrel control definitely servo control was choosen, here again the stock DC gearbox is not fast enough.
Tankbear will have a sample a.s.a.p.

Cheers
Ivano
atcttge
Sergeant

Post by atcttge »

If there's an IBU3 with GSU kit, and the GSU kit has *everything* like the servos etc (including recoil), I am *so* getting that even if it means harvesting the kidneys of my coworkers the third time around.

Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

atcttge wrote:If there's an IBU3 with GSU kit, and the GSU kit has *everything* like the servos etc (including recoil), I am *so* getting that even if it means harvesting the kidneys of my coworkers the third time around.

Kit won't include servos, as many people will of already converted the tank to servos before getting the GSU so seems unnecessary. We sell servos so can provide with GSU.

Ian
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
atcttge
Sergeant

Post by atcttge »

Hi.

Any news on the GSU?

I just want to resurrect that topic. ^_^

Thanks.
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Originally it was going to work with the heng long stock motor traverse and elevation gearboxes as well as servos to give maximum usage to users of standard tanks. This choice has caused issues because the stock traverse is too slow and cannot keep up with the speed of a turning tank, so that's where the project is at the moment I understand.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
atcttge
Sergeant

Post by atcttge »

Thanks for the update. I hope they can release it soon even if it means foregoing with compatibility with HL stock traverse.
atcttge
Sergeant

Post by atcttge »

Any update on the GSU?

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”